2010-03-01 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC Minutes - see template original at Meeting Minutes template

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2010-03-01 Monday
Time: 11:00 am-12:00 pm Eastern Time
Facilitator Charlie McCay Note taker(s) Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation Email Address
Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD cbeebe@mayo.edu
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD woody@beelers.com
? Marc Koehn invited Guest, HL7 EA IP PM marc.koehn@gpinformatics.com
x Austin Kreisler HL7 DESD austin.j.kreisler@saic.com
x Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ lynn@hl7.org
regrets Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com
x Charlie McCay (chair) HL7 TSC Chair charlie@ramseysystems.co.uk
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Charlie.mead@booz.com
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate rparker@infoway-inforoute.ca
John Quinn HL7 CTO jquinn@hl7.org
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Alternate gregg.seppala@va.gov
x Helen Stevens HL7 TSS SD Alternate helen.stevens@shaw.ca
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Alternate Edward.tripp@estripp.com
x D. Mead Walker HL7 FTSD Alternate dmead@comcast.net
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes
Agenda Topics
  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval
  3. Approve Minutes
  4. Review action items
  5. CEO Report –
  6. CTO Report -
  7. ArB Report –
  8. Affiliates Report –
  9. Domain Experts –
  10. Foundation & Technology –
  11. Structure & Semantic Design –
  12. Technical & Support Services -
  13. WGM Planning
  14. Discussion Topics:
    • Soliciting Outside Feedback on Ballot Material - V3 Vital Record DAM ballot; WG requested that HQ waive $50 for non-member participation in this informative ballot: referred to the CTeam or Finance Committee and BOD.
    • Review SMART objectives for Strategic Initiatives #4-6
    • Open Issues List
      • Relationships with other organizations (TSC Tracker # 1091) Report from the ORC liaison (Helen).
Supporting Documents
Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
  1. Visitors: none
  2. Agenda accepted
  3. Unanimous Approval of minutes by general consent
    Minutes of 1/17 corrections unanimously approved.
  4. Three-year plan: missing reference to SAIF or EA IP on three year plan. Lynn is looking for high-level planning descriptions under which specific tasks can be grouped. Helen feels the ArB activities in general should be included on the three year plan. Charlie McCay notes that the ArB has a mission and charter we’ve approved for them so we don’t need to plan for them, just as each of the Work Groups that are authorized under the Steering Divisions are not part of our plan. Lynn notes the T3F Strategic Initiative called for a review of the TSC after two years, perhaps under the TSC Continuous Improvement Plan. Further suggestions and comments by email for next week’s draft review to approve prior to the WGM. Discussion ensued on the process by which projects become subject to ArB review, prior to or following Steering Division approval. Austin wants clear guidelines on what he needs to do when he gets a new project…
  5. CEO Report - none
  6. CTO Report: not available
  7. ArB: Charlie Mead notes the Security Ontology project was studied by the ArB last week with feedback to the Steering Division, supporting the concept of what they’re doing but had concerns with scope and approach and Cecil will work with the project team directly on the details. Technical newsletter ArB article to be done by end of day. Mead noted that the Security ontology was discussed last week at Steering Division, and was approved to move forward. This occurred prior to the Thursday ArB meeting. It’s on the agenda for next week for the TSC. The updated project scope statement would have to be recirculated to the cochairs for a week prior to the TSC review.
    • Action Item: Lynn will check on having all the TSC members on all the Steering Division lists to see when potential areas of conflict arise.
  8. DESD: SPL R5; Helen had questions on the multiple ballot types, and the identity of the pharmaceutical and device companies intended to implement the DSTU. There are many involved. Helen asks also to mark strategic initiative item C in addition to A. It is also providing B to improve and streamline CPM.
    • Motion: Approve project scope with strategic intiative C included.
    • Vote:Unanimously approved with friendly amendment.
  9. FTSD: Batch messaging ; security ontology proposal and micro ITS coming up; batch messaging on the agenda for 3/8.
  10. SSD SD: Gregg has no report
  11. T3SD: Helen has no report
  12. WGM planning - Review Three year plan. Helen would like to address PIC first time attendees process, questionnaire to cochairs after Kyoto. Time to start getting Brazilian visas! Do we acknowledge we’re attending a conference or not? Tourist application includes attending a conference but not if you have compensation (speaker honoraria). Need to get the information to the education committee. Lynn will give an update next week on what’s been learned by HQ.
  13. Discussion topics: information piece: V3 vital record DAM ballot was requested to waive participation fee for non members.
  14. ORC Liaison: Scott Robertson has been name d a cochair for ORC. They’ve had a meeting. Approved an agreement renewal with WEDI. Evaluating agreement with Continua. Discussion on releasing Continua confidential information to the Wiki, what is the HL7 responsibility. HL7 OMG renewal had minor changes, membership swap; other issues as well, not yet approved. Formalizing HSSP collaboration was one issue, and sharing IP another. Chuck Jaffe to review. Mohawk has not yet been addressed but is in the plans. Global harmonization task force (GHTF) seeking an agreement, forwarded to Chuck. Meeting again in two weeks. Another review on an item that was deemed a joint project, not suitable for MOU and not requiring ORC unless directed by TSC to review. Looking also at some strategic things, but currently in catch-up mode to review high-priority agreements going forward. Lynn will schedule an ORC standing update every other week after their meetings.
  15. SMART objectives #4.
    • Rename all SAEAF to SAIF
    • Helen asks why we’re doing this when the Roadmap committee / task force is reviewing our input. Charlie McCay asks if there is anything in particular we want to pull out and discuss. They are not specific plans or proposals for the TSC, just conceptual. He asks to put it into the top of the document. Rename SAEAF to SAIF or note that it has been changed at the top. Set the context at top of document, as result of brainstorming by TSC, put forward for consideration and discussion, as of xyz date. Action Item:Lynn will do so.
    • What is next step, asks Ravi? TSC should review what the Roadmap committee produces for specific tasks.
  16. Adjourned 12:01 pm.
Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .

Future Agenda item list

Click for TSC Action Item List