2010-02-22 TSC Call Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, February 22, 2010 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, UTC -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Calvin Beebe
- Woody Beeler
Meeting Attendance - :
|x||Steve Connolly||Apelon, Security WGemail@example.com|
|x||John (Mike) Davis||HL7 Security WG firstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Bob Dolin||HL7 Chairemail@example.com|
|x||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting)||HL7 HQemail@example.com|
|x||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD||Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com|
|x||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate||Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net|
|x||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternateemail@example.com|
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Alternateemail@example.com|
|x||Helen Stevens||HL7 TSS SD Alternatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Alternate||Edward.email@example.com|
|x||D. Mead Walker||HL7 FTSD Alternatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
- Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Steve is representing the Security Ontology project.
- Accept Agenda – discuss Security Ontology first.
- Security Ontology project – Ron reports a discussion last Thursday with an email vote but used the wrong document versions. ArB needs to review again and come back next Monday. Mead notes that FTSD has deferred discussion on the Security Ontology project pending ArB review so the Steering Division has not approved it yet. Mead asks how should we proceed with ArB review on such projects, before or after the Steering Division reviews the project? Helen notes that the ArB is part of the TSC and as such when the project is brought to the TSC that is the opportunity to review a project. Ron notes that the ArB thought they were to review both projects so that’s why Steve thought it was on the agenda for today. John (Mike) Davis joins the discussion as well. As co-chair of security he also finds the process confusing. Version control of documents for approval was also discussed, with Austin noting the DESD uses version control in GForge. Action item:Lynn will look into options for version control for a common approach, with John’s and Austin’s help. Security document will be discussed by FTSD and SOA ontology to be postponed for further ArB discussion. Steve and Mike leave the call.
- Approve Minutes from 2010-02-15_TSC_Call_Minutes unanimously approved.
- Review action items –
- Review Decision Making Practices Helen reviewed the changes to the document. John noted that there is no process currently defined to name an acting CTO to represent him if he were not able to attend a WGM. Ed suggested more generic reference to the wiki. Helen moves to approve, friendly amendment to correct minutes and agendas to permalink; Ed seconds; unanimously approved as amended.
- Review Three-year plan postpone
Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report – none
- CTO Report - distributed to list serv.
- ArB Report – Ron comments they are continuing to pull together material for review, and planning to post a pre-notice for review once materials become available. Need to observe timeline for open comment period. Expect to see notice today with material pushed out Friday.
- Affiliates Report – Ravi working on interest on an affiliates’ thread.
- Domain Experts – Austin has been following up with WG not meeting in Rio. 7 of the 11 are in Domain Experts. He’s polled co-chairs, with primary reason being expense for international travel.
- Foundation & Technology –
- Structure & Semantic Design –
- Project Approval Request - Person Registry Enhancement for PA, at TSC Tracker # 1448 as a DSTU update on this one topic. Unanimously approved.
- Project Approval Request - Substances Model for OO at TSC Tracker # 1450; Helen asked about EMEA, to make friendly amendment to spell it out. Unanimously approved as amended.
- Project Approval Request - CPM DSTU R2 for OO at TSC Tracker # 1451. Ed notes this is a companion to an updated project for SPL coming in another week or so. Helen makes friendly amendment to spell out CPM in project name. Ken asks on the universal content, with medical devices. Satisfying regulatory requirements are by nature realm-specific. Mead reports there is an international task force working on cross-boundary requirements, and John reports this is working with ISO. Helen asks what the SPL work group is? It is not an HL7 work group – need to spell that out further. SPL group has its own site and projects outside of HL7. Unanimously approved as amended.
- Technical & Support Services – no report
- Email from Mark M to co-chairs seeking volunteers to staff the HL7 booth at HIMSS March 1-3. Ken appeals to those attending to email Mark McDougall to volunteer for time slots.
Adjourned 12:00 pm