2010-01-11 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Monday, January 11, 2010 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, UTC -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#
GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas



Meeting Admin

Meeting Attendance - :

At Name Affiliation Email Address
Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD cbeebe@mayo.edu
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD woody@beelers.com
x Bob Dolin HL7 Chair BobDolin@gmail.com
x Marc Koehn invited Guest, HL7 EA IP PM marc.koehn@gpinformatics.com
x Austin Kreisler HL7 DESD austin.j.kreisler@saic.com
x Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ lynn@hl7.org
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com
x Charlie McCay (chair) HL7 TSC Chair charlie@ramseysystems.co.uk
x Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Charlie.mead@booz.com
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net
Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate rparker@infoway-inforoute.ca
x John Quinn HL7 CTO jquinn@hl7.org
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD Alternate gregg.seppala@va.gov
x Helen Stevens HL7 TSS SD Alternate helen.stevens@shaw.ca
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Alternate Edward.tripp@estripp.com
x D. Mead Walker HL7 FTSD Alternate dmead@comcast.net
  1. Accept Agenda – approved by general consent
  2. Approve Minutes from 2010-01-04_TSC_Call_Minutesunanimously approved; Charlie Mead joins.
  3. Review action items

Standing Committee Reports/Approvals

  1. CEO Report – none
  2. CTO Report - Bob, Chuck and John spent Friday at Siemens offices for HL7, IHE, HITSP and EHRA. Interim final rules for meaningful use in U.S. released for comment. HL7 mentioned, IHE and HITSP were not. Rules as published are still vague and contradictory and will receive numerous comments. Clinical info can use CCD or CCR; IHE would have to support both. Concern at meeting on cooperation; HL7 has better opportunity than in the past for leadership role. Potential joint project in each group, revolving around CDA Template registry. There are already CDA Templating projects in process within HL7. Alignment of IHE and HITSP with HL7 would be good base; templates would apply to any v3 artifact. Co-develop a white paper documenting end to end standards development process, and where do requirements fit in to the process. John and Bob will work on publishing what was agreed to with Hans’ notes. Charles P was there, not sure if representing IHE or EHRA but good representation. HL7 called for the meeting back in early December but NPRM not yet published.
  3. ArB Report – Charlie Mead addressed the SAEAF book project. Karen has generated draft xhtml version for review by Publishing and TSC. ECCF is pretty stable, as content editor, has been through 10 reviewers with multiple comments. BF is in final review in next few days and could withstand more scrutiny. Karen will have something in public domain within 4 weeks after WGM and “final go ahead”. Ken Buetow made formal announcement that NCI was officially adopting SAEAF, focusing on their own implementations and localizations. Ron told him TSC had asked last week if ArB had formally approved Ron as sponsor as well as approved the project charter. Woody asked how public the document is now. Charlie would be happy for anyone willing to provide serious comment to have access to it. Woody notes we expected a detailed interaction with the larger Working Group but the Weds Q4 session is now just for the Alpha projects. Charlie asks John if we can make it generally available for review and comment? Woody wonders how to socialize the availability of the documents. John asked Charlie to call him and they’ll discuss and circle back to TSC. Marc notes the TSC session was used previously to offer that overview; but we need to roll up sleeves collectively on alpha projects’ challenges. The session is still open, and anyone can attend. Ravi asks how many other organizations have seen this booklet other than HL7? Charlie did a 90 min webinar for Federal Health Architecture last week and FHA thinks it’s publicly available. Canada is mapping SAEAF to TOGAF. Not sure what the IP and copyright issues are. John notes it’s not yet a published standard so not yet formally restricted until it’s final. Halamka noted in Friday’s meeting that HL7 would need license agreement with Federal government, but don’t know what it means as its terms. Once it’s final it is branded with copyright notices and placed behind the members-only section of web page. Charlie McCay notes we can discuss the exploitation plan and rollout within HL7 on Saturday, and we will be in a better position to explain that effect on the Work Groups in May and again September to set expectations. Marc notes that topic is on the agenda. Need to reach a level of momentum and material to help the community understand. Will discuss more Q4 Saturday.
    • Document the process of ArB nomination and confirmation, see TSC Tracker #1340
      • Helen noted she had submitted comments that were not reflected. Comments were reviewed from listserv email 12/22/2009. Additional editing needed. No changes to the intent of the document; Action Item: Lynn will edit them in and send out for evote by Phoenix.
  4. Affiliates Report – no update
  5. Domain Experts –
    • Request to publish DSTU for CBCC, Composite Privacy at TSC Tracker # 1385; 'unanimously approved.
    • Doodle poll for participation with Patient Care; Austin, Ed, Helen and Charlie signed up, Q2 Monday was the better time to discuss DCMs but Charlie can’t make it. Q1 Tuesday we’d miss Ed but Charlie can make it.
  6. Foundation & Technology – Woody had no update.
  7. Structure & Semantic Design – Gregg reports he had not been involved with the discussion on these, a revision and republication in one request, without an intervening ballot period. Lynn reported that Calvin had gained the consensus of Chuck Meyer and Don Lloyd that this process was in acceptable in review of GOM 13.02.04 and
  8. Technical & Support Services – no meeting since last TSC call.

Discussion topics

Open Issues List

Phoenix TSC Agenda Review

  • 2010-01-16 TSC WGM Agenda, Phoenix Saturday Meeting
    • Q1: Bob asks if we’re looking at all 6 strategic initiative items for roadmap tasks.
      • Please review prior to Saturday for suggestions so discussion can be more efficient.
    • Q3: Quality plan: Bob notes it was inspired at ITS Meeting, where is responsibility on such issues, what are the components of a quality plan. Ballot process, QA steps, what do we mean by quality and how do we measure it; ambiguity, cross-artifact consistency etc. Plan should be owned by CTO and TSC.
  • TSC Topics for International Council, Phoenix Sunday Q1-Q3
    • ArB Activity
    • SAEAF
    • TSC Projects
  • 2010-01-17 TSC Agenda:HL7 Activities with other SDOs, Phoenix Sunday Q4
    • Issue: who will address ISO participation and JIC projects?
    • Overlaps with realm of ORC.
  • 2010-01-17 TSC WGM Agenda, Phoenix Sunday Evening Meeting
  • 2010-01-18 TSC WGM Agenda:Innovations Workshop, Phoenix Monday Q2-Q3
  • 2010-01-18 TSC WGM Agenda, Phoenix Monday Co-Chairs Meeting
  • 2010-01-19 TSC WGM Agenda, Phoenix Tuesday Luncheon Meeting
  • 2010-01-20 TSC Agenda: Enterprise Architecture Alpha Projects Phoenix Wednesday Q4

Adjourned 11:59 am

Future Agenda item list

Click for TSC Action Item List