2009-11-16 TSC Call Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, November 16, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, UTC -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Ioana Singureanu
Meeting Attendance - :
|x||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SDemail@example.com|
|x||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSD Alternatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kevin Coonan||invited Guest, Patient Care WGemail@example.com|
|Bob Dolin||invited Guest, HL7 Chair-elect||BobDolin@gmail.com|
|William Goossen||invited Guest, Patient Care WGfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ed Hammond||invited Guest, HL7 Chairemail@example.com|
|Charles Jaffe||HL7 CEO||cjaffe@HL7.org|
|x||Marc Koehn||invited Guest, HL7 EA IP PMfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESDemail@example.com|
|x||Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting)||HL7 HQfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD||Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com|
|x||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chairemail@example.com|
|Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB||Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate||Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net|
|x||Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternateemail@example.com|
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Alternateemail@example.com|
|Ioana Singureanu||HL7 FTSDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Helen Stevens||HL7 TSS SD Alternateemail@example.com|
|x||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Alternate||Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|?||D. Mead Walker||invited Guest, HL7 FTSD Alternateemail@example.com|
- Accept Agenda – accepted by general consent
- DCM issues, see TSC Issue # 890, on Consistency of Clinical content and overlap
- Austin reports they have not been able to update project scope yet. They may not be able to get into the ballot this time.
- Approve Minutes from 2009-11-09_TSC_Call_Minutes –moved by Helen to approve; second by Calvin; unanimously approved.
- Review action items –
Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report – none available
- CTO Report - two items
- Last week at SCO meeting Friday, group called AIIM approved to come into SCO as SDO; this group has the license for Adobe PDF to convert to open source. They claim to have adopted a PDF standard for CCR, and next will work on CCD. ADTM, IHTSDO had no problem with it (NDPDP out of the room). John noted that we need computable data, not PDF scanned renderings.
- SNOMED under auspices of Beth Humprhries NLM and Dan Vreeman from LOINC also will be joining.
- Resolution passed and project in place called Mitre, alternate syntax for ITS. Pressure from HITSP to look at it. They were encouraged to communicate with Bob Dolin. Calvin asks if this is addressed in a revised XML strategy as an ITS effort with HL7? Joy, the project manager, has healthcare CIO background. It was presented to ITS at Atlanta WGM 2009Sept. Charlie reports it was more a platform implementation than an ITS, sort of light on content.
- National conference presentations for WEDI this week. Meeting with Chuck and Bob at Microsoft for their use of CCD and CDA on Friday.
- ArB Report – Ron notes there is not a lot to report – found criteria on ArB membership and forwarded to John, will get with Charlie after his return. Marc Koehn will give alpha project status update on SAEAF next Thursday call. Issues to promote include request for dialog on pieces of work underway. Marc notes there won’t be much for update from the Advisory Group, which meets tomorrow. Looking for input from the alpha project ArB facilitators. Helen asks if anyone has had touchpoint with EHR Interoperability group; Marc had heard from Pat VanDyke recently and can report next Monday.
- Affiliates Report – Ravi notes the unclear and confusing member transition; will John be reporting on that? Helen notes that the memberships are ‘owned’ by the organization and changing individual’s employ.
- Domain Experts –Austin has nothing to report
- Foundation & Technology – Woody states there’s nothing new
- Structure & Semantic Design – Calvin notes something was coming but needed revision at SD Level so perhaps next week.
- Technical & Support Services -
- Informative only - Proceeding with reaffirmation ballot of V2 XML, initially approved by TSC in 2008 (June) discussion. The TSC had no objections.
- TSC Ballot Approval Summary for January 2010 Ballot Cycle, at TSC Tracker #1352.
- New Informative Ballots, also needing name approval as new items; five items other than DCM approved unanimously.
- HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: URL-Based Implementations of the Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton) Domain; Infobutton Request, Release 3 – Clinical Decision Support WG. Project Insight ID is 507. First ballot of this material.
- V3 XML Implementation Technology Specification for V3 Data Types 1.1, Release 1 – ITS WG. Project Insight ID is 316. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Version 3 Specification: Model Interchange Format (MIF), Release 1 – MNM WG. Project Insight ID is 518. First ballot of this material.
HL7 Version 3 Detailed Clinical Models, Release 1 – Patient Care WG. Project Insight ID is 320.First ballot of this material. Patient Care listserv has had discussion on withdrawing this from this ballot cycle. They have not amended their original PSS per the TSC request. IF they want to go to ballot they can bring it back again.
- [DGL Note: Submitted title was just "Detailed Clinical Models, Release 1". I'm not sure whether this is V3-specific and would appreciate any name guidance as the submitted name did not meet our naming standards.]
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS) Architecture Framework, Release 1 – SOA WG. Project Insight ID is 200. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Security, Release 1 – Security WG. Project Insight ID is 529. Ballot level changed to informative per the project's scope statment and in accord with ArB recommendation (see 2009-08-24_TSC_Call_Minutes) that DAMs be informative.
- New DSTU Ballots, also needing name approval; ten other ballot items except Security approved as DSTU unanimously.
- HL7 Implementation Guide for CDA Release 2: Genetic Testing Reports, Release 1 – CG WG. Project Insight ID is 460. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Implementation Guide for Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2: Consent Directives, Release 1 – CBCC WG. Project Insight ID is 553. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Scheduling CMETs, Release 10 – Patient Administration WG. Project Insight ID is 459. Last Balloted at Comment 1 in May 2009.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Trial Registration and Results (CTR&R), Release 1 – RCRIM WG. Project Insight ID is 372. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Regulated Product Submission, Release 2 – RCRIM WG. Project Insight ID is 217. First ballot of this material.
HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Security, Release 1 – Security WG. Project Insight ID is 529.First ballot of this material. Noted that DAMs were defined to be informative, so will approve as informative as they noted in their scope statement; if they want DSTU they will need to provide justification. Helen moved Security DAM approved as Informative, second by Ed; unanimously approved.
- Privacy, Access and Security Services (PASS) - Access Control, Release 1 – SOA WG. Project Insight ID is 200. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Implementation Guide for Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2 - Level 3: Neonatal Care Report, Release 1 (US Realm) – Structured Documents WG. Project Insight ID is 567. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Implementation Guide for Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2: Procedure Note, Release 1 – Structured Documents WG. Project Insight ID is 568. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Implementation Guide for Clinical Document Architecture, Release 2: Unstructured Documents, Release 1 – Structured Documents WG. Project Insight ID is 569. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Version 2.5.1 Implementation Guide: eSurveillance, Release 1 – US Realm – PHER WG. Project Insight ID is 515. First ballot of this material.
- New Normative Ballots (those needing name approval in italics). Motion to approve subject to them resolving outstanding issues (pending reconciliation packages), approved unanimously.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton); Knowledge Request, Release 1 – Clinical Decision Support WG. Project Insight ID is 265. Currently at DSTU after successful DSTU ballot in January 2008. Reconciliation package is posted, but still requires withdrawal request email to negative voters to proceed to ballot.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement CMETs, Release 10 – Clinical Statement WG. Project Insight ID is 266. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Clinical Statement Pattern, Release 1 – Clinical Statement WG. Project Insight ID is 266. This was approved as a DSTU in December 2007 and subsequently balloted at the Informative level in May 2009. To proceed to ballot, this project still requires a Reconciliation Package be posted, and requires a Withdrawal Request Email to negative voters.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Transport Specification - Web Services Profile, Release 2 – ITS WG. Project Insight ID is 301. First ballot of this material.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Pharmacy; Medication Statement, Release 1 – Pharmacy WG. Project Insight ID is 244. Last balloted at Committee 2 in May 2007 where it passed. Recons complete.
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: XML Implementation Technology Specification – V3 Structures, Release 2 – ITS WG. Project Insight ID is 316. The N1 ballot planned for September 2009 was postponed. This had previously balloted as DSTU 2 in May 2008. This project still requires a Reconciliation Package be posted, and requires a Withdrawal Request Email to negative voters. Woody notes that they really need to have this through as new content, using Datatypes R2; since it’s mostly a new effort, the reconciliation of the previous package may not have been conducted, and outstanding negatives against that title do not reflect its position as new material. Negative votes are against DSTU, normative will be new voting pool. DSTU actually failed, and the WG agreed to not publish it. Can publish a reconciliation package that indicates such, and proceed.
- Name Change Requests; unanimously approved.
- CDS WG requests a name change for "HL7 Version 3 Standard: Infobutton Application, Release 1". The requested name is "HL7 Version 3 Standard: Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton); Knowledge Request, Release 1".
- While not technically a name change, the CDS WG requests the Release 3 of the IG for Infobutton be changed from the "HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: URL-Based Implementations of the Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton) Domain" pattern to "HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: URL-Based Implementations of the Context-Aware Knowledge Retrieval (Infobutton) Domain; Infobutton Request, Release 3".
- Common Product Model is missing? It’s not ‘new’ so won’t appear.
- Helen notes that Project Scope Statements should be checked against ballot request by HQ to prevent mismatches in future. Action Item: Lynn will propose to HQ. Add to agenda for Saturday WGM meeting whether we want to allow balloting at levels other than what is in the scope statement.
- New Informative Ballots, also needing name approval as new items; five items other than DCM approved unanimously.
- CTO Review Process: CTO review summary document and feedback request went out. Didn’t have this process in place in the beginning of year, so it’s a bit experimental. Fill out and submit to Chuck Jaffe. Helen asks if this is once for each steering division or by each member? While Chuck has to read them all, it would be good to have each member’s perspective. If you have strong and differing opinions, please combine them into one response per steering division.
- Product Strategy: On agenda this week due to query on publication of normative edition; getting one every year, how to decide which normative edition to implement from? We have a product list now but need to produce the Strategy document. How to resource this to make this happen? Product strategy for what we deliver, and what we’ve currently got, what are useful to you and what are we developing. Woody notes that the issue on how to use the normative edition is a valid one; while it’s not documented and should be, he does not have time to do it. Ken feels that at the high-level the board needs to set product strategy but that the TSC would inform that discussion. Ravi asks if this is part of the national initiatives effort; Charlie indicates that it is irrespective of that funding. John identified a risk that the Board comes up with the strategy and the TSC looks at it and notes there is no capacity to do so. Helen notes that it’s important but not sure what we’re committing to if she or anyone should put their names forward. Ravi asks why not give to Marketing. It was noted that they have had it in their assignment list before but they come up with stuff that we don’t do. The Marketing Council was working more on branding than product strategy. Helen thinks it might be more than a static document, more useful and usable. Charlie and John will discuss on a planning call to see what can be done, incrementally.
- Quality Plan: The other thread is the quality plan – how do we know what we’re producing is good, from a customer perspective, how are we managing issues, anticipate and prevent issues. Woody and Ravi were going to get together and chat about it. They’d like to draft a starter. Will be on agenda for 30th (two weeks).
- WGM Agenda for 2010-01-16_TSC_WGM_Agenda The product strategy and quality plan should be discussed in Phoenix. Not to brainstorm there but review drafts. Combine Q2 and Q3 and add in product strategy and quality plan into Q3.
- Helen asks about the Tooling segment in Q4; TSC needs to understand the ongoing process of the tooling rollout. Woody notes that testing on Static Model Designer starts in December, but may not have full migration strategy ready. John also wants to know about other tooling opportunities with parties willing to provide tools for free. Roll into discussion how work groups should or could use some tooling.
Adjourned at 12:04 PM.