Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, February 16, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Chair: Charlie McKay
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck, Lynn Laakso
- Charles Jaffe (CEO)
- Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Bob Dolin (HL7 Vice Chair)
- Marc Koehn (EA IP)
- Lynn Laakso
- Charlie McCay
- Gregg Seppala
- (5 min) Meeting Admin
- Roll Call - The following individuals participated on the call: John Quinn, Dalvin Beebe, Ed Tripp, Favi N., Austin Kreisler, Ken McCaslin, Willaim Goosen, Woody Beeler, Ioana Singureanu, Helen Stevens-Love, Karen Van Hentenryck, William Goosen
- Accept Agenda - The agenda was unanimously accepted as is.
- Approve Minutes from concall-20090209 – MOTIOn by Tripp to approve the minutes; seconded by Stevens-Love. The motion carried unanimously.
- Review action items – move to discussion
- Priority Agenda Topics
- EA IP Update - Marc Koehn - Mark was not on the call. It was determined that John Quinn is the executive sponsor of this project and as such, he will report on the it in the future. Details on this project will be included in his CTO report moving forward.
- DSTU extension, TSC Tracker #862
- DE SD - Patient Care, dr. William TF Goossen - Willaim Goosen noted that the Patient care document was established as a DSTU in 2007. There have been a few implementations but not as many as though would like and they would like more input before making this a normative standard. They would to extend the DSTU for two years, one to collect comments and the second year to work on the normative standard. The TSC is not opposed to this request and a request has been submitted to the GOC to clarify the circumstances under which DSTUs can be extended and for how long. The general consensus of the group is that WGs should have a concrete plan when they come to the TSC to request an extension and the TSC would like clarify around its role is approving an extension. ACTION ITEM: Van Hentenryck will ensure that this is discussed on this week's GOC call. If possible, the draft wording will be distributed to the TSC in time for next week's call.
- DE SD - RCRIM, Ed Tripp -
- FT SD - SOA, dr. Ken Kawamoto
- ANSI Standards nearing their 5 year anniversary - Van Hentenryck reported that these three standards are coming up on their 5-year anniversary. According to ANSI rules, after 5 years, a standard either has to be revised, withdrawn or re-affiremd. We've contacted RCRIM and CCOW and both work groups have requested that we re-affirm their standards, so we are looking for a motion from the TSC todayon that. The one in questions is Scheduling. While we have already started a project to revise this standard, no work has been done on it in a couple of years and we've heard that Patient Administration, who has agreed to take on the work of the Scheduling and Logistic Work Group if they fold, does not have the bandwidth to take on R2 of Scheduling. MOTION by McCaslin that the TSC approving moving forward with reaffirming the RCRIM and CCOW standards in questions; seconded by Kreisler. The motion carried unanimously. The process is that we now do a for comments only ballot where balloters can register their agreement or disagreement with the TSC's decision to reaffirm these standards.(Tracker # 888)
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Regulated Studies Annotated ECG, Release 1 – Ed Tripp has confirmed that RCRIM wishes to reaffirm this standard (requires a for comments vote in upcoming ballot cycle)
- HL7 CCOW, V1.5 – CCOW co-chairs have confirmed that they wish to reaffirm this standard (requires a for comments vote in upcoming ballot cycle)
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Scheduling, Release 1. Release 2 was started a couple of years ago, but Patient Administration does seem anxious to take on this work.
- Review results of e-vote
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report - Nothing was submitted
- CTO Report - John submitted his report via email this morning.
- ArB Report - No one from the ArB was on the call
- Affiliates Report - Ravi indicated that he has collected the email addresses of the affiliate chairs and reached out to them regarding any issues for the TSC. None have been suggested to date.
- Technical & Support Services -
- Foundation & Technology -
- What is the role of the SD liaison to the ArB?
- Domain Experts -
- Rename of balloted Informative Document: Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Public Health; CDISC Content to Message - Study Participation, Release 1 to Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Regulated Studies; CDISC Content to Message - Study Participation, Release 1 - Ed Tripp
- (30 min) Discussion topics