From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Monday, January 5, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#
GoToMeeting at
GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas



  • Chair: Charlie McCay
  • CTO: John Quinn
  • Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (Primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
  • Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
  • Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
  • Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
  • Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
  • ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
  • HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck, Lynn Laakso


  • Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair)


  • Charlie McCay


  1. Meeting Admin
    1. Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call: Calvin Beebe, Woody Beeler, John Koisch, Austin Kreisler, Lynn Laakso, Charlie Mead, Ken McCaslin, John Quinn, and Ioana Singureanu
    2. Accept Agenda – it was initially thought that quorum had not been obtained, so a motion to accept the agenda was not sought.
    3. Approve Minutes from concall-20081215 - it was initially thought that quorum had not been obtained, so a motion to accept was not sought.
    4. Review action items -
  2. (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
    1. CEO Report -
    2. CTO Report - [1]
    3. ArB Report -
    4. Affiliates Report -
    5. Domain Experts -
      • DESD has votes under way for one mission and charter update and one project proposal. We are in the process of resolving comments regarding both.
      • Question - Should the TSC require that project proposals be accompanied by the work group's latest 3 year plan? Rationale for this is to make sure work groups keep their 3 year plans up to date. It will also force work groups that haven't formulated 3 year plans to do so if they want to propose a project.
    6. Foundation & Technology -
    7. Structure & Semantic Design -
    8. Technical & Support Services -
  3. (30 min) Discussion topics
    • WGM Detailed Schedule - Jan 2009 WGM
      • Q1: ArB - the focus will be on the Architecture rollout. The linked document in the wiki agenda is the PSS in Project Insight. Peer review comments should be available.
        1. ACTION ITEM: Charlie will check on peer review comments so that they are posted.
        2. ACTION ITEM: Impact statement slides in rough draft from the ArB November meeting will be sent to the TSC list for review.
      • Q2: Audrey Dickerson (HIMSS/ISO), and Open Issues Review. Quinn does not have at hand the details on Audrey’s topic.
        1. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will be summarizing open issues for assignees this week for review on Saturday.
      • Q3: Business discussions
      • Q4: Roadmap and Tooling: it is known that revisions and prioritization on the Roadmap is needed. There is a Roadmap committee conference call tomorrow. Need to focus on Roadmap initiatives and finalize the Roadmap. The dates for Roadmap tasks slip because the Roadmap is not finalized. The TSC needs to discuss the Roadmap priorities and the feasibility of the tasks completing in their projected timeframes. The Roadmap tasks assigned to the TSC are posted to the wiki. 3-year plans should have projects tied to Roadmap initiatives. The TSC will review and reinforce the need for each WG to complete a 3-year plan.
        1. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will post the existing 3-year plan summaries, by SD, to the wiki.

Motion to Adjourn unanimously approved 11:33am.

Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)

Click for TSC Action Item List