Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, November 17, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck, Lynn Laakso
- Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair); Ed Tripp (newly elected TSC member); Ravi Natarajan (newly elected TSC member)
- Meeting Admin
- Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call: Woody Beeler, Calvin Beebe, Austin Kreisler, Lynn Laakso, Ken McCaslin, Charlie McKay, Charlie Mead, Chuck Meyer, Frank Oemig, John Quinn, Gregg Seppala, and Karen Van Hentenryck
- Accept Agenda – Added to the discussion agenda was the review of the draft vendor demonstration policy (TSC issue #746).
- Approve Minutes from concall-20081110 - Minutes were unanimously approved as written.
- Review Action Items from previous minutes
- Calvin – recommendation on whether EHR profiles should be normative or informative – leave as open action item for next week.
- Ken McCaslin proposal for elections for TSC appointed committees – leave open for next week
- Vendor tools demonstration: added to agenda
- Comments on DMPs: awaiting response from PIC; leave open
- Comments on draft mission/charter template: added to agenda
- Request for followup on prior action item: Calvin to discuss Clinical Genomics 2.5.1 Implementation Guide as normative rather than informative ballot next week 11/24.
- Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report - no report
- CTO Report -  Woody and Charlie M. echoed John's sentiments that it was a good meeting.
- ArB Report - Charlie reported four items of significant progress:
- Disposition of comments on the initial SAFE document.
- Development of Behavioral Framework agreed upon
- Conformance and Compliance governance pieces of the SAFE document were developed, with anticipated rollout to start at the January meeting
- Proposed list of impact bullet points for TSC review were developed and have been posted on the ArB wiki.
- Affiliates Report – Frank reported that at the Medica Trade Fair this week there will be an HL7 booth for the first time, and he will report on the event next week.
- Domain Experts - One vote is underway.
- Foundation & Technology - Did not meet due to lack of quorum, so there is no report.
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- Request for Publication of PHM DSTU : table to next week due to lack of document availability to review.
- Technical & Support Services -
- Ken reported there was no call this week.
- However, TSC members should expect to see web pages on the HL7.org website to start transforming.
- In the survey of workgroups to see where their documentation is being placed (TSC issue: 735, Project Insight: 364), only 27 of 47 workgroups have responded. 63% of those responding do not keep their documentation on HL7's web page. Of that group, 35% do not have their documentation on a web page. WGs are using up to four different locations to store documentation. Following one WG's links led to a site with potential commercial advertisement. The summary spreadsheet of WG responses will be sent to the TSC list and posted to the minutes. 
- Discussion topics
- Review draft mission/charter template (TSC Issue: 593 ) tabled to next week for Jim's comments.
- Review comments of review of DMP (TSC Issue: 754 ). Karen will follow up with Jim, as he has edits on proxy voting or electronic voting issues.
- Vendor tools demonstration (TSC Issue: 746) Helen's comments in the email thread this past week regarding a vendor fair are recognized as a separate issue from demos to support “HL7 Business”. The next revision cycle isn't until the January WGM for the vendor policy. However the Implementation Fair concept should be carried forward to Helen and the Tooling Committee.
Call adjourned at 12:00 PM ET