Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, November 10, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck
- Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair); Ed Tripp (newly elected TSC member); Ravi Natarajan (newly elected TSC member)
- Jim Case
- Calvin Beebe
- Frank Oemig
- Helen Stevens Love
- (5 min) Meeting Admin
- Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call: Charlie McCay, John Quinn, Austin Kreisler, Gregg Seppala, Ken McCaslin, Ioana Singureanu, Woody Beeler, Charlie Mead, Chuck Meyer, Liora Alschuler, Gay Giannone, and Lynn Laakso
- Accept Agenda - An agenda change to move to first priority the discussion of the Assessments project for Structure and Semantic Design was accepted.
- Approve Minutes from concall-20081103 - Clarification of the ballots question on Clinical Genomics 2.5.1 Implementation Guide as normative was requested. A typo regarding unusual characters preceding Ken McCaslin's name were identified. Minutes were then approved.
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report - No report was provided.
- CTO Report - Quinn submitted the following report via email .He added that the Openhealth Tools Consortium (OHT) had a report this morning on their HL7 tooling structure and it would be distributed via Karen on the Wiki.
- ArB Report - No report was submitted.
- Affiliates Report - No news was reported.
- Domain Experts - Austin stated there was one project vote underway.
- Foundation & Technology - They are working on an outstanding item with the use of the RIM as a normative standard. For SDOs who wish to reuse the RIM, they would have the confidence of a normative vote. Whether there should be an MOU with OHT to use the RIM is a Board question, but the use of the RIM for tooling purposes is open source, with no annotations (i.e. a "light" version).
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- MOTION from SD: Assessments project approved (TSC Issue: 794, Project Insight: 381)
- Technical & Support Services - No report was submitted.
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- Identifying business in agendas for upcoming WGM - McCay (TSC Issue: 761) - this includes using the icons Don Lloyd developed. With the icons posted to the list, we need to indicate how the icons hold content. Would like a message to cochairs, tech, business, reconciliation flagged separately. Would like something in e-news to recognize the icons, to ask for agenda items. Lynn agreed to forward this request to Andrea and Lillian.
- Enterprise Architecture implementation project - McCay postponed discussion due to missing attendees.
- Infrastructure release planning - McCay reviewed the intent to portray how new datatypes and wrappers are presented. It was noted that Modeling and Methodology has this on their conference call agenda, but not determined whether it can be accomplished without a face-to-face meeting. It is also planned for discussion in Orlando with the goals of creating a workable release strategy, and then determining how to present and roll out.
- HL7 web site statistics and feedback - The email thread out this past week regarding the HL7 web site statistics and the feedback was discussed. The role of the Electronic Services Committee was discussed, along with whether these statistics could be used to answer key questions of interest, and how much of this analysis has already been done for the new website. Questions such as:
- Who is using the website? Members vs non-members
- What are the HL7 products? How should they distinguish projects, products and workgroups?
Call adjourned at 10:50 am ET