2015-10-26 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-10-26
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
Regrets John Quinn x Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters . Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe . Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . x Lynn Laakso .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-10-19 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Update on OASIS standard issue (John R. et al)
    • Clarification of guidance on technical corrections and errata publication processes


  1. Review action items
    • Freida/Andy will discuss white paper project on T3SD call
    • John R., Pat, John Q., Ausin to look at OASIS SOU and gather GOM issues that would be impacted by OASIS standard adoption
    • Ken to follow up with Johnathan Coleman and work with staff on updating standards space to accommodate viewing of superseded DSTUs
    • Lorraine to periodically update the TSC on the status of the tooling inventory RFP
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote approved 7/0/0 with T3SD, FTSD, ArB, SSD-SD, DESD, Jean, and Giorgio voting:
  3. Approval items for this week:
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Adjustment to minutes: John Roberts requests that the minutes reflect another week was granted on the OASIS issue.
  • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • Action items:
    • Freida/Andy on publishing white papers: discussion postponed on the T3SD call. PIC co chairs want to come to TSC on the 9th to discuss peer review and need for project scope statement. PIC does not believe that a PSS is necessary. ACTION: Anne to add to 2015-11-09 agenda.
    • Paul brings up issue of substantive change brought up at co-chair dinner in Atlanta. Discussion over centralizing the definitions of substantive change across the families. DSTUs and informative follow a different process. ACTION for next week: add to agenda defining what substantive means as a core definition. Will eventually be assigned to SGB after further discussion.
    • OASIS SOU/GOM issues: John is investigating and has added Scott Robertson and Melva to the list of people being consulted. Discussion over making the rule the same for ballots and IGs.
    • Ken has not followed up with Johnathan Coleman yet because of scheduling conflicts; will attempt to have the discussion with staff over the next week or two and then bring back those recommendations before sharing with Johnathan.
    • Lorraine's update on tooling inventory: started working on scope to get to Dave for RFP. We want to make sure tooling funds are carried over to 2016 budget.
      • MOTION by Paul to ask the EC to carry tooling funds in the 2015 budget over to the 2016 budget ; second by Lorraine.
      • VOTE: all in favor
      • ACTION: Anne to send motion to John Q.
  • Clarification of guidance on technical corrections and errata publication processes:
    • An errata is typically published as a separate cover sheet leaving the original standard as it was. Does a technical correction imply that we republish the material with the correction incorporated? And how does this change with FHIR, which only exists as an online spec? Lorraine brings up the differences of DSTU vs. normative as well. Freida notes that V2 has its own definitions for what are allowed technical corrections and each family may have its own way to doing things. Austin states technical corrections need to be incremented with identifiers.
    • Difference between errata and technical correction is what you do with your changes - errata are listed, technical corrections are applied. Lynn notes the application of changes may be different when ANSI is involved in normative documents.
    • Discussion over whether technical corrections can be substantive - agreement that they can be.
    • ACTION: invite Karen to upcoming call to discuss ANSI's position
    • Lynn notes that registering technical reports with ANSI does not lend any visibility or stature to the reports. HQ is no longer recommending it. ACTION: add this issue as well. Lynn and Karen to attend next week to discuss.
    • Call adjourned at 11:57 am

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Ken to follow up with staff re: updating standards space to accomodate superseded DSTUs in next several weeks
  • Anne to send John Q. the motion regarding tooling funds request to EC
  • Lynn to invite Karen to next call to discuss ANSI's position on technical corrections/errata
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.