2015-10-19 TSC Call Agenda
Standing Conference Calls
TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.
- GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
- For those without access to microphone/speakers:
- US: +1 (224)501-3318
- Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
- Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
- Access Code: 426-505-829
- GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
|HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes
Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
|Facilitator: Ken McCaslin||Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer|
|Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented||yes/no|
|Chair/CTO||ArB||International Affiliate Rep||Ad-Hoc|
|x||Ken McCaslin||.||Tony Julian||.||Jean Duteau||.|
|x||John Quinn||x||Lorraine Constable||x||Giorgio Cangioli||.|
|Domain Experts||Foundation and Technology||Structure and Semantic Design||Technical and Support Services|
|Regrets||Melva Peters||.||Woody Beeler||Regrets||Calvin Beebe||x||Freida Hall|
|x||John Roberts||x||Paul Knapp||x||Pat van Dyke||x||Andy Stechishin|
|.||Russ Hamm||.||.||Sandra Stuart, co-chair elect|
|ex officio||Invited Guests||Observers||HL7 Staff|
|.||Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote||x||Austin Kreisler||x||Lynn Laakso||x||Anne Wizauer|
|.||Chuck Jaffe (CEO)
- Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
- Agenda review and approval -
- Approve Minutes of:
- Approval items:
- Discussion topics:
- PIC proposal on publishing white papers - Freida
- Endorsement of OASIS standards/addition to standards grid
- DSTUs cited in legislation/what happens when a DSTU is superseded
- What is ONC's position on a cited standard becoming a lapsed standard during the time the regulation is enforced
- Tooling Strategy question from 9/14: What portion of the tools that we are reliant on in the publishing process don't fit into a stable, managed process?
- Review action items –
- Approval items:
- DSTU Extension Request by the O&O WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Version 3 Domain Analysis Model: Laboratory Orders, Release 1 at Project Insight 1199 and TSC Tracker 8894
- Project Approval Request by the O&O WG of the SSD-SD for Diet and Nutrition Orders Domain Analysis Model, Release 2 at Project Insight 974 and TSC Tracker 8896
- DSTU Extension Request by the O&O WG of the SSD-SD for HL7 Version 3 Standard: Orders; Diet and Nutrition Orders, DSTU Release 1 at Project Insight 902 and TSC Tracker 8895
- Project Approval Request by the O&O WG of the SSD-SD for IHE-Lab Profile to US Lab Real Guides Harmonization at Project Insight 1199 and TSC Tracker 8795
- Project Approval Request by the Attachments WG of the DESD for HL7 Attachments Supplemental Guide for the Exchange of C-CDA Based Documents - Implementation Guide DSTU Release 1 at Project Insight 1212 and TSC Tracker 8897
- Discussion topics:
- Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
- Open Issues List
- Agenda review: no additions
- Lynn will be lurking
- Minutes approved via general consent
- PIC proposal on white papers:
- Proposal includes adding guidance that the master grid includes white papers, with an alternative of creating a separate listing for white papers (preference is master grid)
- Process would include modifying PSS to indicate project work product is a white paper, modifying publication request to state that product is a white paper, and updating the GOM to formalize how white papers are developed and published
- Publication template with have a statement on level of ensdorsement, including disclaimer and title indicating WG authorship
- ACTION: Freida/Andy will talk to steering division regarding next steps
- Austin: What kind of review process would these go under? Freida: nothing required other than WG approval before publication. Austin is concerned that these will turn into product endorsements. Freida states the check on that is the WG endorsement. Discussion over appropriate review process. Discussion over where to publish - central place? Should align this process with aligning deprecated DSTUs with current.
- Decision to make this a project sponsored by PIC
- OASIS standards/addition to standards grid
- OASIS has been unable to convince hospitals to use their HAVE standard. Many feel it should be an HL7 standard. The proposal is that we endorse it so hospitals feel comfortable using it. Lorraine notes that we already have a process for this, but Pat notes they don't want a joint stamp on it, they just want HL7 to say that we endorse it. John R. states that we would run it through ballot on an up or down basis. Lynn notes that we recently did this with another standard. Austin states there needs to be clarification in the GOM. Freida states that's in the works but we need more guidance.
- Ken suggests using this case as a pilot before making a change to the GOM. Paul suggests making this a topic for next week and 11/2 with a look at the applicable GOM sections as well as our current agreement with OASIS (which likely needs to be renegotiated as this is a new situation, or at least adding a section on product recognition).
- Ken asks John R., Pat, John Q. and Austin to gather the GOM issues that are impacted, look at the SOU, then take a look at what the next steps might be and bring back info next week. John R. will also consult with Karen.
- DSTUs cited in legislation:
- Discussion over an example of when the DSTU has been superseded and the most current version doesn't show up at the top of the page. Also, expired versions disappear.
- ONC's response was as long as you can get to the predecessors, they will be happy. Ken is trying to figure out a way to modify the way we present standards so that the most current is on the top, and any standard that has been superseded is connected to the most current one.
- ACTION: Ken to follow up with Johnathan and also work with staff on updating our standards space to accommodate this.
- Tooling strategy
- EST (with ArB) has the project to put together RFP to do the inventory - Paul was hoping they will give us high level points and estimated dollar figure that the TSC can endorse. Lorraine states that it doesn't usually come back to TSC. Discussion over whether or not it should come back to TSC for review.
- Lorraine will update the TSC on the advancement of the RFP
- Adjourned at 12:03 pm Eastern
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.