2015-10-04 TSC WGM Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes


Date: 2015-10-04
Time: 5:15 PM Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Affiliate Representative
? Lorraine Constable HL7 ARB Vice Chair
Regrets Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Freida Hall HL7 TSS SD Co-Chair
? Stan Huff HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
? Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 ARB Chair
? Paul Knapp HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin (Chair)
x Anne Wizauer(scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
x Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
? John Quinn HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
x John Roberts HL7 DESD Co-chair
Regrets Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
? Sandy Stuart HL7 T3SD Co-Chair-Elect
x Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair (HL7 Board Chair-elect)
x Rick Haddorf
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)


  1. Results of TSC Chair election
    • The TSC vote results are that Ken McCaslin has been re-elected as TSC chair.
  2. Multi-Year Planning with Rick Haddorf
    • Current plan is to present to TSC, roll it out to pilot with one or more WGs within each of the SDs. Five potential pilots identified yesterday: PHER, Project Services, Pharmacy, O&O, EHR.
    • Rick presented slides on the tool (ANNE: ADD LINK):
      • Meant to address changes in strategic planning processes and make ANSI reaffirmation balloting easier to track as it is beyond the 3-year planning cycle
      • Categories of Multi-year plan items: 6-year, 3-year, 1-year
      • Discussion over how 5-year expirations are currently communicated and the holes in the process. Rick mentions they are also considering adding recurring items.
      • Key elements in the tool: Item identifier, item name, item description, item type, creation date, completion date, action date, last modified date, responsible group, and contact name.
      • Additional elements: Item class (reaffirmation, WGH, Parking lot, etc.), Recurring, Project Insight ID, Tracker ID (gForge). Discussion on doing it on spreadsheets vs. gForge.
      • Computational elements:
        • 1-year – less than 15 months until completion date
        • 3-year – less than 39 months until completion date
        • 6-year – greater than 38 months until completion date
      • Austin suggests adding an element for things currently lacking a target date
      • Gaps identified in existing process: lack of steward WG being listed on standard; lack of understanding on when the clock starts on a standard (ANSI approval date, publish date?)
      • Discussion of WGs using different processes with varying levels of dedication and attention
      • Melva raises concerns: mandatory use of a tool and the use of multiple tools.
      • Freida mentions the timeline on the PSS that is reflected in Project Insight. We would need to be very clear about what goes into Project Insight vs. this tool.
      • Paul states ITS will take a look at it and determine if they will be part of the pilot.
      • Tony notes you can excel tracker items into excel and then back into gForge
      • Paul would like to see this cut down the existing silos
      • Calvin asks if there is a PSS. Rick says yes but it has no home yet. Suggestion to have it be a TSC project. Paul would prefer that it be owned by EST. Woody states that would be a problem as far as resources. Rick suggests if TSC be the original support and then bring in EST/others later or make them a cosponsor.
      • Freida asks if we’re still ready to go ahead with pilots after the discussion here. Others state that they would be willing to go ahead with piloting. Main focus should be on the work the spreadsheet is intended to support; the planning that the WG has to do. Rick summarizes that the pilot can be a way to flesh out additional items for tracking.
      • Ken notes that WGs that are effective have a key person who organizes the plan/schedule/materials, and that is what we’re trying help with.
      • Paul suggests focus should be less on 1-3-6 and more on planning. Austin suggests piloting it with a WG that is completely failing at 3-year planning. Ken is reluctant to start at that level and adding them in as project progresses.
      • ACTIONS:
        • Rick and Ken will bring project to TSC
        • Rick and Ken will refine the process to aid in the piloting of the project