2015-07-27 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-07-27
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
Regrets John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-07-20 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Review of Revised Publication Request Template. Project Services adapted the Publication Request Template to include the Interopability Speification Matrix (ISM) - Freida
    • Does the GOM imply that there is no need to take a vote to publish/submit a request to publish?


  1. Review action items
    • Paul to take issues back to FTSD on Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of FTSD for Privacy, Access and Security Services Access Control Conceptual Model at Project Insight 200 and TSC Tracker 8405.
      • Referred by T3SD due to lack of Publishing facilitator
      • Referred by DESD due to 1) no implementers, 2)September 2015 ballot cycle is an external driver? 3) no ballot reconciliation listed nor time for a second ballot
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the Clinical Decision Support WG of SSD SD for CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3 at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 5631.
      • Referred by T3SD: Lineage says this is a . release replacing a prior version, but they did not include any type of review in the schedule (per TSC’s DSTU Update vs. DSTU Reballot Guidance) “ This project will create a Release 1.3. It is an update to an existing DSTU. It supplants a previous release.” Needs to have formal review for . release or ballot for full release.
    • Project Approval Request by the Vocabulary WG of FTSD for Terminology Quality Development and Management Processes at Project Insight 1196 and TSC Tracker 8451
      • Referred by T3SD: re: 3.g. Project Objectives / Deliverables / Target Dates to Develop Peer Review process – This group should be following TSC approved: Introducing New Processes to HL7 which describes several methods to conduct Peer Review (already defined), especially since they intend to define a new process; also provides guidance on rollout.
  3. Approval items from last week approved 0/0/0:
  4. Approval items for this week's e-vote:
  5. Discussion topics:
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List


  • Last week’s minutes accepted via general consent.
  • GOM changes:
    • MOTION: Freida moves that the TSC approves the updates to the GOM. John Roberts seconds.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
  • Freida notes that there is discussion going on about the new USR-SC not being a traditional international affiliate. TSC will not weigh in at the current time, but will comment at a later time if it becomes warranted.
  • Terminology QA Project Scope Statement: Paul has concern that there is an aspect of governance activity coming together in this project. T3SD noted that a new peer review process is being created outside of existing peer review process. Paul states they may not know that the process exists.
    • ACTION: Paul will take this back to the WG to have them review the existing peer review process to determine if it will work for their purposes. Also have them review the “introducing new processes” document.
    • MOTION to conditionally approve project contingent upon review of those documents; Paul seconds.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
  • CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 3: Paul states that they did do a limited review. .
    • ACTION: put TSC guidance documents on agenda for October co-chair dinner on Monday (Freida). As far as this document, it appears they fell within the existing rules.
    • MOTION: Anne to invite project representative to discuss on next call to discuss why limited review was sufficient given nature of the change.
    • VOTE: All in favor.
  • CQF-based HQMF IG: ArB engaged vocab for advice and issue was resolved.
    • MOTION to approve the project by Tony; second by Andy.
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Revised publication request template: Freida reviews changes to document. Added link to interoperability specification matrix at the end of the document.
    • MOTION to send out for peer review from TSC; second by Tony.
    • VOTE: All in favor
    • ACTION: Anne to announce in update that the document will be open starting August 3rd for peer review through August 24.
  • Discussion on white papers – we don’t really have a place on the publication request for white papers; should we add a parenthetical on our current request after informative document?
    • ACTION: Anne to add “publishing process for white papers” on 8/2 agenda (Freida, John R.)
  • Privacy, Access, and Security Services Access Control Conceptual Model:
    • MOTION to approve with updates to implementers and schedule; on second by John Roberts.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Will start looking at ballot list/naming convention next week. On 8/24 or 8/31 we will make a motion to submit to GOC for January cycle.
  • Call adjourned at 11:59 a.m. Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Paul will take Terminology QA scope statmenet back to the WG to have them review the existing peer review process to determine if it will work for their purposes. Also have them review the “introducing new processes” document
  • Anne to add TSC Guidance Documents on agenda for October co-chair dinner on Monday for Freida to present
  • Anne to add announcement in update from the TSC that peer review of revised publication request template will begin August 3rd
  • Anne to add "publishing process for white papers" to 8/3 agenda
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.