2015-07-20 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-07-20
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp Regrets Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . Jay Lyle . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-07-13 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • UDI Discussion (Paul) - ?
    • Review of updated SGB Mission and Charter (Tony)
    • Referencing External Documents - process and potential GOM revisions (Paul/Andy)
    • Use of required or preferred value sets/licensed codes (Lorraine/Paul)
    • Further discussion on adding TSC comment to ArB's publishing risk assessment as it moves forward to EC (Tony)


  1. Review action items
    • Melva to update group on resolution of issues around the EMS Hospital Outcomes report PSS
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the SOA WG of FTSD for Privacy, Access and Security Services Access Control Conceptual Model at Project Insight 200 and TSC Tracker 8405.
      • Referred by T3SD due to lack of Publishing facilitator
      • Referred by DESD due to 1) no implementers, 2)September 2015 ballot cycle is an external driver? 3) no ballot reconciliation listed nor time for a second ballot
  3. Approval items for this week:
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Minutes accepted through general consent
  • Jay Lyle here to discuss EMS Outcomes updated document. Two groups were considering sponsorship - Emergency Care and Structured Documents; both groups have signed on as co-sponsors. Second question was on UB04 - this was clarified. Externally developed content issue was a misunderstanding that has been cleared up.
    • MOTION by John Roberts to accept updated PSS; second by Calvin.
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • PASS Access Control Conceptual Model PSS: Several issues identified by T3SD and DESD. Anne to forward issues to Paul to take back to WG for resolution.
  • UDI: shut down task force. Work goes off to other places. O&O has started up a UDI project to address some issues. FDA has been engaged.
  • SGB mission and charter - changes requested by ArB. Most important changes were relationships with Internal Groups.
    • MOTION to approve updated M&C by Freida with the caveat that all acronyms are spelled out. Calvin seconds.
    • VOTE: All in favor. Anne to add link to document in the minutes.
  • Referencing external documents: Met with TRAC. Have been looking at the GOM from two different perspectives. Supporting documents/materials in an HL7 ballot where the material is not curated under the authority of HL7. Another issue is documents that are wholly not curated by HL7. Two changes: 1) to generalize the language to deal with sub-documents, and 2) to consider and perhaps recommend back up a third level of recognition of balloted material which provides recognition rather than endorsement. Will continue to work on it in TRAC and bring back recommendations. Ken: if we reject it, do we do so with an accompanying statement? Paul: It would be an appropriate courtesy if we did that; the GOM is silent on it. Should discuss at October meeting.
    • ACTION:Ken asks Paul, Andy, TRAC to draft something for the October meeting.
    • ACTION: Anne to add to October agenda for 40 minutes: GOM changes/process to implement the GOM changes.
  • Use of required or preferred value sets/licensed codes: SNOMED has licensed terms, for example, which constraints that are part of the agreement for use. We want to make sure that the way we approach value sets is respectful of the IP of others. This has been shepherded back to HTA to determine our compliance so decisions can be made at the organizational level with appropriate processes. Situation should be monitored - should get an update from HTA regarding the development of the policy. ACTION: John Q. will provide update on 8/3.
  • TSC comment to ArB's publishing risk assessment: ArB advises TSC to present this to the Board and request funding. Ken/John Q. will check to see if this can be added to the agenda for the retreat or if it will go on a future agenda. ACTION: Anne to add this to the 8/10 agenda to review progress.
  • Call adjourned at 11:52 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. Al