2015-07-13 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-07-13
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
Regrets Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Mario (Aegis) x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-07-06 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • GOM revisions out for peer review (Freida - 20 Minutes)
    • Product issues ARB/TRAC working together (Tony - 10 minutes)
      • Looking at the Kaiser slides


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • Project Approval Request by the CIC WG of DESD for EMS Hospital Outcomes Report at Project Insight 1186 and TSC Tracker 8380 (30 minutes)
      • Referred by T3SD re: lack of recorded co-sponsor approval and explanation of co-sponsor level of involvement;
      • Referred by ArB for contradictory information regarding amount of externally developed content;
      • Referred by SSD-SD for mentioning the use of UB04 as a vocabulary.
  3. Approval items for this week:
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Paul – addition to agenda for discussion next week: Use of SNOMED codes as mandatory in FHIR; larger discussion of using licensed codes across organization. Lorraine clarifies topic as using required or preferred value sets (appropriate usage of licensed code systems across HL7). Freida: HTA explored use of external vocabularies. Russ: HTA is aware of it and they are mandated to coordinate interaction with external terminology providers. Will monitor discussion over this week. ACTION: Anne to add to agenda for next Monday.
  • MOTION by Andy to approve minutes of last week; Melva seconds.
  • VOTE: all in favor
  • GOM revisions out for peer review: Karen sent out a packet of the items up for review on 7/8; comments due 8/7. Freida went through each change; no comments by the group. Encouraged further review and if comments, bring them back to the group. ACTION: Anne will add to 7/27 call for approval.
  • Publishing risk assessment by ArB. ArB created some slides which Tony reviewed. Lorraine would add that we have a pattern of challenges that occur because we approach each of these problems individually without considering larger organization. Tony: comment came in about viability of SAIF and its real-world value. If you’re not applying SAIF principles, you’re not developing across enterprise. Lorraine: we also note that lots of projects have been initiated to deal with individual points of publishing risks; but they’re not being effective at moving forward because they’re not coordinated across the organization. John Q: how should the TSC proceed? Tony: it has to go to the EC – the issue is only getting worse. Not enough volunteers to do this properly. The Board needs to apply some money to the project to figure out the mitigation strategies. Melva: at TRAC, Brian Pech and Andy presented on publishing risks. Lorraine: this is ArB’s response to that content. Mario: Can the TSC add gravity to the level of risk that this represents? Paul: it would be valuable if the TSC added their comment to this before passing it on. ACTION: Anne to add to next week’s call for further discussion.
    • MOTION by Paul to table this discussion to next Monday and provide it to TSC members for review. Second by Melva.
    • VOTE: all in favor.
  • Project approval request referred for discussion – EMS Hospital Outcomes Report: Melva reports the co-sponsor lines were simply missed. EC WG was a late add; Melva will get dates. She will send a note back asking them to explain how much content has been externally developed and to clean up the contradictory wording. Question regarding referencing UB-04 as a vocabulary (it is a form) – Freida mentions there are codes tied to the forms. Melva will ask them to clarify which vocabularies are being used from UB-04. ACTION: Anne to add update on the document to next Monday’s call.
  • MOTION to adjourn by Paul, second by Melva.
  • VOTE: all in favor. Call adjourned at 11:55 AM Eastern time

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Melva to take back issues surrounding EMS Hospital Outcomes Report to WG for resolution

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.