2015-07-06 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search


TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-07-06
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-06-29 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Anne to add referencing external documents discussion to 7/20 agenda
    • John Q. to touch base with Chuck regarding conflicting FHIR.org information
    • Paul to recommend that SGB assemble and have first meeting in October
  2. Approval items from last week's e-vote referred for discussion:
    • DSTU Publication Request of HL7 Standard CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification, DSTU Update 1.3 by the CDS WG of the SSD-SD at Project Insight 931 and TSC Tracker 8358
      • Issue raised by Andy for T3SD (Freida concurs): "This is apparently a 1.3 but they say to keep DSTU 1 and DSTU 2, there is no length of DSTU entered and I am not comfortable with what changes were made."
  3. Approval items from last week's e-vote:
  4. Approval items for this week:
  1. Discussion topics:
    • Initial ARB report on risks associated with current publishing practices
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  3. Open Issues List


  • Meeting minutes accepted by general consent.
  • No additions to the agenda
  • e-vote item for discussion: HL7 Standard CDS Knowledge Artifact Specification DSTU Update 1.3. Andy notes discrepancy in the description on numbering; he also is concerned that they don’t describe what the unballoted update is. Discussion over review process. Should these changes be balloted? Should be a dot release unless it goes back to ballot.
    • MOTION by Andy to withdraw his concerns and let it proceed as DSTU 1.3. Second by Pat.
    • VOTE: Opposed – 0 Abstained – 0 In favor – all.
    • Freida states we should add to the form a note to refer to TSC guidance document on appropriate review process. Calvin wants people to understand minor vs. major changes to DSTUs (unballoted vs. balloted). There is a policy in the co-chair handbook that covers this. Lorraine notes inconsistencies in CDA numbering. Lorraine notes that there is also DSTU update information in the TSC guidance documents on the TSC wiki. Freida will ask that a reference to the location is put in the GOM. Ken suggests adding a block to the balloting section in resources. Lorraine suggests making it more visible in co-chair utilities. MOTION by Lorraine to add a line item in co-chair page that is a link to TSC ballot support information. Ken suggests making this a page under HL7.org tools and resources section called Ballot Preparation Resources. MOTION by Lorraine to add a HL7.org tools and resources section called Ballot Preparation Resources. Can reference directly via URL. Anne: send an email to EST to take action on this change. John Q. seconds. Calvin suggests TSC action item to review the policy related to unballoted DSTU process. Notification process is poorly defined. Freida states we should add formal process for informing members of changes. Discussion items for October meeting: notification requirements for DSTU updates and how large a change you can make before a ballot is warranted. VOTE: Opposed – 0 Abstained – 0 In favor – all.
  • FHIR.org conflicting information: John Q. suggests circling back to Chuck on this issue at the Board retreat with Ken and Calvin, then bringing the info back in document form to the TSC on the 8/3 call. Lorraine: should this work through FGB? There are clarifications on scope and boundaries and perhaps FGB should work with Grahame on clarity. Decision that Lorraine and Calvin will take it back to FGB, likely on 8/10.
  • SGB: Paul will bring the issue to PLA this week.
  • ArB report on risks associated with current publishing practices: will postpone this for one week with initial report on 7/13
  • Adjourned at 11:53 a.m. Ken not available on next week’s call.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.