2015-05-04 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-05-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin Regrets Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn . Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts . Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke . Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-04-27 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Karen's email regarding TSC nominations/elections
    • FHIR Infrastructure WG


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval Item from last Week's E-vote Referred for Discussion (T3SD):
  4. Approval Items from Last Week's E-vote: Items approved 5/0/0 with DESD, SSD-SD, and 2 international representatives voting
  5. Discussion topics:
    • Review of PLA/FGB discussion (Paul)
    • Review of HL7 France presentation in Paris (Giorgio)
    • Status update of the FHIR/HL7 Registry (Paul)
  6. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  7. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Minutes accepted by general consent.
  • Ken notes that TSC nominations are open through June 15th. Russ confirms that he will run for FTSD.
  • Review of HL7 presentation in Paris – Giorgio described the contents/outline of the presentation. Presentation will be around 15 minutes.
  • Open issue list: Ken will work on getting that cleaned up. Duplicate things for steering divisions as well as TSC so we’re going to work on getting the tracker set up so we can siphon off stuff that is TSC-only.
  • Q4: Added review of naming convention
  • Item referred for discussion: Project Approval Request for Consumer Mobile Health Application Functional Framework - concerns regarding lack of co-sponsor approval date and section 3g showing DSTU and reconciliation as concurrent processes on the timeline. Can’t have reconciliation and DSTU running in the same timeline.
    • MOTION by Freida to take this back to WG to confirm that EHR agreed to co-sponsor and that they can’t run reconciliation and DSTU concurrently. (Gora/Matt Graham).
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • Calvin brings up issue with sponsoring WG section on PSS template – no real way to reflect differing levels of engagement with different groups. Freida will discuss with Dave to get it on the next scheduled revision.
  • Review of PLA/FGB discussion on SGB: Austin here to discuss. Proposal to allow product family-specific governance group for newer families. This will be proposed to FMG/FGB at the WGM. PLA is exploring the boundaries between governance, management, and methodology and some of the newer families may have more blurring of those boundaries until they reach maturity. Ken notes that we already struggle with member bandwidth. Austin understands and is attempting to balance that. This proposal is that by default, SGB covers the governance requirements, but the product family can petition to have a governance board if they feel it is necessary. Austin will be forwarding this on to FMG/FGB for discussion for Paris.
  • Meeting adjourned at 11:40.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.