2015-04-27 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-MM-DD
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
. John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . Austin Kreisler . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-04-20 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
    • Paul to determine best timing for FMG/FGB discussion re: SGB
    • Austin to add WG content assignments to FHIR ballot process pilot
  2. Approval items for discussion:
  3. Approval items for e-vote:
  4. Discussion topics:
    • SGB transition plan/timeline
      • Plans to meet with FGB
    • FHIR Core WG formation status (Paul)
    • Status update on the FHIR/HL7 Registry (Paul)
    • HSI WG and content ownership update
    • Schedule of calls before and after WG meeting
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Meeting minutes accepted by general consent
  • Austin here to confirm expedited approval – Ken will confirm with John and get back to Austin.
  • Homework for meeting? Ken doesn’t have any currently.
  • Reviewed TSC agenda for Paris.
  • WG content assignments to FHIR ballot process pilot: Lloyd will be discussing this at the co-chairs dinner.
  • Revised PSS for Showcase – Nursing Electronic Health Record Applications, Devices and Apps: send out with e-vote.
  • TSC meetings schedule: Take 18th off; should we reschedule the 25th? Or should we cancel and meet June 1? Group agrees that first meeting will be June 1. Any major items will be handled through e-vote. Calvin and Lorraine will be out for a month. Pat can cover for Calvin. Paul will have electronic connection. Tony will cover for Lorraine.
  • PSS-Lite: For investigative projects. Template has been created from same form; release 15.1 that will hopefully be rolled out for May. Has been out for peer review and comments have been incorporated. Items in bold outline must be completed for Lite. Will go through same approval process as regular PSS. Encouraging WGs to assume universal realm. MOTION: Freida moves to accept template; Pat seconds. VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • FHIR core WG formation: Were waiting on two elements: PLA transition plan and discussion over the word core. Transition plan doesn’t affect formation and “core” is an explanatory word describing the group’s scope. Ken asks – could we substitute “development” for “core?” Or “infrastructure?” Paul will take back the name suggestion and bring back input next Monday. Anne will add transition document link for next week’s call. Question of why FHIR WG is tied with SGB timeline? It is a standard WG fitting within FTSD. No reporting through SGB but has a dotted line relationship to FHIR. Ken states that he’d like to see the transition so we can see how FHIR Infrastructure WG transitions from FHIR group. Transition plan should include begin and end dates so we know when we’re going to close things off. Paul reports that FGB would be handled by FGB in near term and it will be subsumed into SGB in May-January time period.
  • SGB will be discussed in detail on Saturday at WG.
  • Nominations open on Friday for TSC elections; discussion over who is up and will run.
  • Call adjourned at 11:57.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.