2015-04-20 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-04-20
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian x Jean Duteau .
Regrets John Quinn . Lorraine Constable Regrets Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
x Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. x Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote Austin Kreisler . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-04-13 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • Request for accelerated publication process for PHER implementation guide (Austin)
    • Draft of SGB transition plan/timeline including FMG/FGB (Paul)
    • Status update on the FHIR/HL7 Registry (Paul)
    • HSI WG and content ownership (Lorraine)
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List


  • Meeting minutes accepted through general consent.
  • Request for accelerated pub process for PHER IGs: Austin describes the IGs and the reason for accelerated publishing. Melva notes that the second project (National Survey) has not been approved by the SD. John notes that the PSS for that project has also been updated. Austin is asking that pub request can be approved by TSC Chair and/or CTO.
    • MOTION: to allow Cancer Registry IG to move forward with accelerated publication process by John; second by Pat.
    • VOTE: Opposed – 0 Abstained – 0 In favor – All
    • MOTION by John to approve National Survey to move forward with accelerated publication process after standard approval process is complete. Second by Pat.
    • VOTE: Opposed – 0 Abstained – 0 In favor – All
  • Draft of SGB transition plan/timeline: Paul describes the creation of the draft. Announce in May; build over summer; first meeting of SGB in October; by January, coalesce governing body. The existing FGB is not well apprised of the process; don’t want to thrust it upon them in May without conversation with them. Want to get on upcoming FGB call before the meeting to discuss. Lorraine states that FGB has discussed it generally. Anne to add to agenda for 4/27 to see if Grahame can be in attendance. If not, will meet jointly in Paris with FGB (Ken, John and PLA reps). Must know the plan by May 4th. Ideally it would be at FMG/FGB lunch on Sunday. Discussion over potential concerns and responses.
  • FHIR/HL7 registry: Did not discuss last week and did not have quorum. Will put it on the agenda for this week. Will discuss on 4/27.
  • HSI WG and content ownership: Freida states that they aren’t balloting, but they are collaborating and have used WG calls to do work on reconciliation items. Lorraine states that it needs to be monitored, that it seems to be moving in the right direction. Paul notes discomfort by at least one member that they feel the WG should be owning content. Ken asks Paul to forward the individual to him for conversation. Ken asks about adding things that are assigned to WGs to the ballot process pilot – Austin takes it as an action item.
  • Meeting on 4th as planned.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Paul to determine best timing for FMG/FGB discussion re: SGB
  • Austin to add WG content assignments to FHIR ballot process pilot
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.