2010-02-08 TSC Call Minutes
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, February 8, 2010 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, UTC -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Ravi Natarajan
Meeting Attendance - :
|x||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSDemail@example.com|
|Bob Dolin||HL7 Board Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Marc Koehn||invited Guest, HL7 EA IP PMemail@example.com|
|x||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Lynn Laakso (scribe, non-voting)||HL7 HQemail@example.com|
|x||Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD||Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com|
|x||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB||Charlie.email@example.com|
|Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate||Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net|
|Ron Parker||HL7 ArB Alternatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTOemail@example.com|
|x||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SD Alternatefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Helen Stevens||HL7 TSS SD Alternateemail@example.com|
|x||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD Alternate||Edward.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||D. Mead Walker||HL7 FTSD Alternateemail@example.com|
- Accept Agenda – accepted without comment.
- Approve Minutes from 2010-02-01_TSC_Call_Minutes approved unanimously.
- Review action items –
- Scheduled Reviews of 'organizing documents'
- For 2010-02-15 Decision Making Practices, TSC SWOT and Three-Year Plan,
- Who will review/revise? Send suggestions to the list or to Charlie and John for revision during their discussion on Friday. May need to make changes based on changes with GOM proposals at a later date.
- Scheduled Reviews of 'organizing documents'
Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report – not available
- CTO Report - reaching out to Mitre on how to move forward with HL7. requests and items for HIMSS coming in a couple weeks.
- ArB Report – Charlie notes the ArB call had folks asking for SAEAF tutorials in Rio. Does the TSC want us to have the tutorials in Rio? We have had a half day on Intro, half day on BF, and should we eventually add half day on ECCF? Helen feels there should be a standing architectural offering to keep people up on what the evolving architecture changes are. If we can arrange for a room we should proceed. Woody noted the schedule is stripped back with offering tutorials in English, Spanish, and Portuguese. He thinks the co-chairs as the primary audience may have more trouble making the Rio meeting. Helen asks if you could do a webex tutorial the week before, instead? That’s a lot for cochairs to give up just before they are going to be out of office at the WGM.
- Peer review – ArB has solicited material on peer review, and PIC committee, with suggestions on SAIF peer review process. Ron and Charlie will alternate attendance at FTSD meetings (Ron this week) to get them involved to a greater degree in the process. Looking for mature documents to go out for review later this week, to have some reasonable review in time for Rio. NCI doing two day deep-dive training course which he’s happy to share. Need to develop the HDF, as HL7 SAIF implementation guide.
- ArB and EA communication plans
- Charlie McCay spoke with Ron about the EA IP communication plans, how do people know what we’re doing in terms of the SAIF book and its impacts on the cochairs and others. Need to know what is happening in each alpha project as well as the ArB part. What else are we doing around communication at Rio? Charlie Mead agrees.
- Rio WGM agendas
- Affiliates Report – none available
- Structure & Semantic Design – number of items coming next week.
- Technical & Support Services – Ken notes next week they may have something.
- Domain Experts –
- Request to approve project scope statement for the RCRIM RPS R3 Project TSC Tracker # 1425; question on ISO activity related to WORM in relationship to broken hyperlinks. Unanimously approved.
- Request to approve project scope statement for the Pharmacy Medication CMETs R2, at TSC Tracker # 1436. Unanimously approved.
- Request to publish Informative Document: V2.5.1 ELR IG at TSC Tracker # 1444. This will be a public document. Charlie McCay asks how serious the nine negative votes were. Several reasons were offered. Approved (5/0/1 - Ken McCaslin).
- Request to approve revised project scope statement for the Patient Care DCM Project TSC Tracker # 890, Project Insight ID 320
- Helen concerned with list of interested parties. Austin notes that cosponsors can be added at a later date without requiring re-approval of scope. Woody notes MnM would be willing to participate. Helen would like to see individuals named from the cosponsoring groups named under interested parties to ensure participation. Add MnM as cosponsor, and request MnM create a hot topic for how DCMs fit into the methodology. Austin moves with amendments, Ed seconds. Passes unanimously.
- Foundation & Technology –
- Request to approve project scope statement for the SOA WG's HSSP SOA Service Ontology, at TSC Tracker # 1435. Helen notes there’s nothing selected in section 2. Charlie Mead notes that as it denotes a taxonomy there may be implications for SAIF and would like to postpone it a week. Helen wonders if the ArB should be an interested party, or vocabulary. Woody is ok with postponing. Austin notes the sponsor is HSSP SOA TC but should be SOA Work Group. Noted that this is universal realm. If it’s a taxonomy that’s one thing but if it’s service metadata it needs closer examination by ArB.
- Request to publish DSTU for Patient Administration - Appointment CMETs at TSC Tracker #1443. Gregg clarifies the remaining negative is awaiting response from Gunther to withdraw, regarding mood definition between slot and appointment. Unanimously approved.
- Another scope statement out for review on binding syntax for use in implementation guides coming to the TSC for discussion in a week. Austin asks if it is 2.x and V3 or just V3. Woody wasn’t sure.
Doodle poll on Steering Division co-chair elections. All 7 participants indicated they would prefer the existing alternates run in 2010, with all existing primary representatives’ terms extended until an election in 2011. Helen moves that we make this the implementation plan. Calvin seconds. Unanimously approved.
- TSC Tracker # 323, Determine/recommend the tools across the organization: Helen recommended a "TSC Top 5" priority list for requests for staff or financial help. Helen asks what this is about. Lynn notes it was in regard to the discussion at the WGM – see 2010-01-16_TSC_WGM_Minutes. No time remaining; discussion tabled
- TSC Tracker # 749, Review the Role of the Steering Divisions - at WGM approved draft document for review by Steering Divisions; what is the Steering Division feedback from their Monday night meetings? Domain Experts did not have time to discuss. Propose the document (cleaned up) go into the newsletter for the Domain Experts’ report. Helen asks if we make it a statement of change or as a discussion item. Needs to be a discussion item and seek feedback.
Adjourned at 12:00 PM