2009-10-19 TSC Call Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, October 12, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Daylight Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Chair: Charlie McCay
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
- ARB: Charlie Mead (primary), Ron Parker (alternate)
- HQ: Lynn Laakso
- Charles Jaffe (CEO)
- Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Bob Dolin (HL7 Vice Chair)
- D. Mead Walker (incoming alternate FTSD Rep)
- Marc Koehn (EA IP)
- Karen Van Hentenryck (HQ)
- Kevin Coonan, William Goossen (Patient Care WG Co-Chairs)
- Ken McCaslin
- Roll Call -
- Accept Agenda -
- DCM issues, see TSC Issue # 890, on Consistency of Clinical content and overlap
- Approve Minutes from 2009-10-05_TSC_Call_Minutes
- from 2009SeptWGM:
- Review action items –
- From 2009SeptWGM, 20090919 - Calvin and Charlie Mead to present a brief summarizing the issues of representing how the TSC interacts with the Roadmap
- From 2009SeptWGM, Helen wordsmithing on the TSC Mission and Charter draft - Revisions noted, for approval.
(20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report -
- CTO Report -
- ArB Report -
- Membership clarification and confirmation: Greg Peres
- International Council Report -
- Domain Experts -
- Foundation & Technology -
- From 20091012: Project Proposal - HL7 Neonatal Care Report Implementation Guide at TSC Tracker # 1329
- From 20091012: Project Proposal - HL7 Procedure Note Implementation Guide at TSC Tracker # 1330
- From 20091012: Request to publish Informative Document: Clinical Genomics V2 Fully LOINC-Qualified Genetic Variation Model R1 at TSC Tracker #1335
- For 20091019: Project Approval: Security Domain Analysis Modelscope statement at TSC Tracker # 1332.
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- Technical & Support Services -
(30 min) Discussion topics
- TSC Chair election: motion to elect Charlie McCay as TSC Chair for 2010-2011.
- Project Approval: TSC Work Group Visibility Project 2009 - was approved by TSC as committee, sent to cochairs for review, now needs formal approval as a project - scope statement at TSC Tracker #997
- Roadmap Strategic Initiatives review
- Strategic Initiatives - Current:
- Expand, reinvigorate and streamline HL7’s production, processes and technologies
- Evaluate HL7’s competitive environment and define HL7’s roles, positions and actions
- Enhance communication and outreach: make HL7 more useable, useful and understandable and share the ideas worldwide
- Embrace the Electronic Health Record (EHR)/Electronic Health Record System (EHR-S)/Personal Health Record (PHR) as the focal point of technical development of health informatics standards
- Connect to the clinicians, an essential HL7 community
- Strategic Initiatives - Proposed:
- Streamline the HL7 standards development process.
- Facilitate HL7 standards adoption.
- Define an overarching and internally consistent interoperability framework.
- Ensure broad and encompassing stakeholder engagement in the standards development process.
- Lead development of the technical and functional health informatics standards for electronic health records.
- Board recommendation: TSC to evaluate Research and Innovations Committee, background at [TSC Tracker #1320] - current format proposed is half-day workshop at 2010JanWGM
For Review 20091012:
- TSC Tracker #1321: Next steps on WG not meeting at WGM
- point of consideration - handbook specifies Work Group co-chairs are expected to attend at least every other WGM or be subject to removal; what expectation shall be made explicit for Work Groups?
- TSC Tracker 1319, HL7 IPR, Patents, and Copyright Issues