2009-08-03 TSC Call Minutes
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, August 3rd, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Ken McCaslin
Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call:
|x||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SDemail@example.com|
|x||Woody Beeler||HL7 FTSDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Case||HL7 Ad-Hocemail@example.com|
|x||Dave Hamill||HL7 HQ||DHamill@HL7.org|
|John Koisch||HL7 ArBfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Austin Kreisler||HL7 DESDemail@example.com|
|x||Lynn Laakso (scribe)||HL7 HQfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ken McCaslin||HL7 TSS SD||Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com|
|x||Charlie McCay (chair)||HL7 TSC Chairemail@example.com|
|x||Charlie Mead||HL7 ArB||Charlie.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Ravi Natarajan||HL7 Affiliate||Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net|
|x||John Quinn||HL7 CTOemail@example.com|
|x||Gregg Seppala||HL7 SSD SDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ioana Singureanu||HL7 FTSDemail@example.com|
|x||Helen Stevens Love||HL7 TSS SDfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|x||Ed Tripp||HL7 DESD||Edward.email@example.com|
- Accept Agenda – Agenda accepted wihout comment.
- Approve Minutes from 2009-07-20 TSC Call Minutes – Minutes approved unanimously.
- Review action items –
- DAM Medical Records Composite Privacy: ARB to review and discuss. How would one trace conformance back to the document. DAM as normative document; ArB can discuss at their face to face next week, Charlie Mead indicates. Under new SAEAF structure they have a place in the specification stack. Ravi asks is this specific to DAM or shall all the artifacts be evaluated. A DAM is specific in its balloting at normative that there is not a clear method to claim conformance to a DAM without other supporting material. Response on the 24th of August.
- V3 XML ITS, R2, clarify on whether it covers both datatypes and structures. Woody to check with Grahame Grieve and update the TSC. Woody reports that is was resolved with Grahame for the next ballot. Action item closed.
Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report – no report
- CTO Report - no formal report; board retreat and advisory committee meeting last week. The nature of the retreat and advisory panel is formative discussions but not resolutions. Charlie McCay added it may be more material for the Saturday discussion in Atlanta. Ravi asks if minutes are formally posted on the website? The retreat does not produce motions per se but John will check with Karen.
- EA IP Update: Lynn reported that Marc sent out notification to the alpha project groups regarding their meeting space in Atlanta. Charlie Mead indicated NCI will be having some projects as well as EHR participation in some NCI projects. NCI will be doing the charters for 5 or so service projects.
- ArB Report – Charlie says the ArB has not met for the last two weeks. He asks the status of the SAEAF book publication effort; John has the RFPs and will make a decision this week.
- Affiliates Report – product certification questions; has been a board topic at times past. Woody reports that it has been prospectively considered a good idea. John and Charlie McCay reported it was discussed last week at the board retreat as well. There is interest at the board level, but not anything available at the moment. Ravi asks what is the response to affiliates? HL7 does not provide it as a global service or U.S. service, but HL7 Italy or another affiliate might pursue a concrete proposal to the Board. John recounts that HL7 Canada has some concrete work underway. May be a good item for the Atlanta Affiliates’ Council meeting. Helen will add to the agenda.
- Domain Experts –
- Patient Care invited to discuss broader issues of clinical implementation guides: - No one from patient care was on the call. Tabled until the next call.
- Austin indicated that Kevin Coonan was planning to attend the call but apparently did not make it. William Goossen said earlier he would be able to make a call in later August. CDA IGs are balloted, but DCMs are more out-of-sight in a corner. Charlie McCay says that the technical consistency issues are being addressed by the ArB. Other elements could potentially be addressed by the TSC without the presence of Patient Care. Ravi indicated concern with Patient Care not attending the calls at which this has been scheduled. Specific examples were discussed. If there are concerns about how a particular project is being executed, Helen suggested the TSC demand a project be represented on a call to answer questions on its progress. McCay indicates the project approval process and the ballot approval process are two ways to address consistency issues. A topic for Atlanta might be additional ways to surface issues. Mead also indicates these issues stress a need for architectural governance. Action Item: McCay to contact Patient Care and find out when they intend to attend, and ask them to bring a proposal for making the DCM activity more visible, and how they’d like to see the consistency issues addressed. Concern raised similarly on RIMBAA work group activity and visibility.
- ANSI standard approaching 5-year anniversary; HL7 Version 3 Standard: Notifiable Condition Report, R1: TSC Tracker 1100. Austin says PHER and RCRIM need to discuss and TSC will defer to next week. Ed leaves the call at this point.
- Foundation & Technology – No call last week.
- Structure & Semantic Design – Calvin reported they did not have quorum but an e-vote is underway on a new project.
- Technical & Support Services - Helen reported on the following items: updates to cochair handbook, cover page template both provided as informative items.
Ballot item e-vote review
- On the Ballot item e-vote, we have achieved quorum and approval on the ballot items:
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Identification Service (IS), Release 1, voting 5/0/1
- Healthcare, Community Services and Provider Directory, Release 1, voting 4/1/1
- HL7 Version 3 Standard: Representation of the Health Quality Measures Format (eMeasure), Release 1, voting 5/0/1
- The late addition to the poll on enrollment for normative ballot subsequent to intermediate Comment ballots was 2 in favor of open enrollment, three in favor of pre-populating with the prior pool but allowing it to be open to new enrollment.
- Woody indicates that if you have a pool that was previously closed you need to re-enroll those that were in the pool previously so they don’t have to remember whether they voted on it previously. Woody and Helen are in favor of prepopulation; Austin willing to switch his vote. Helen so moved, Woody second, prepopulating the prior pool but allow new enrollment, unanimously passed. Helen further moves that this be set as a precedent to HQ so it does not have to come back to the TSC. Woody seconds. Motion unanimously approved.
- PSS at TSC Tracker 999: TSC Product Visibility Project Proposal
- Board discussion was simply that they expected it to happen and didn’t know what was holding it up… Project unanimously approved.
- Feedback on matrix of domains by two weeks
- mappings on v2.6 need work; please send feedback to Lynn
- Feedback on product list by next week before sending out requests for product briefs to work groups.
- Feedback on matrix of domains by two weeks
Adjourn at 11:59 am