2009-07-20 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC - Technical Steering Committee

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)
To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466#
GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206 

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas



  • John Koisch
  • Lynn Laakso
  • Charlie McCay
  • Charlie Mead
  • Ravi Natarajan
  • Helen Stevens Love
  • Ed Tripp

Meeting Admin

Roll Call - The following individuals joined the call:

At Name Affiliation Email Address
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD cbeebe@mayo.edu
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD woody@beelers.com
Jim Case HL7 Ad-Hoc jtcase@ucdavis.edu
Bob Dolin HL7 Chair-elect BobDolin@gmail.com
Marc Koehn EA IP Project Manager marc.koehn@gpinformatics.com
John Koisch HL7 ArB jkoisch@guidewirearchitecture.com
x Austin Kreisler HL7 DESD austin.j.kreisler@saic.com
Lynn Laakso (scribe) HL7 HQ lynn@hl7.org
x Don Lloyd HL7 HQ dlloyd@hl7.org
x Ken McCaslin HL7 TSS SD Kenneth.H.McCaslin@QuestDiagnostics.com
Charlie McCay (chair) HL7 TSC Chair charlie@ramseysystems.co.uk
Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Charlie.mead@booz.com
Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Ravi.Natarajan@nhs.net
x John Quinn HL7 CTO jquinn@hl7.org
x Gregg Seppala HL7 SSD SD gregg.seppala@va.gov
x Ioana Singureanu HL7 FTSD ioana@eversolve.com
Helen Stevens Love HL7 TSS SD helen.stevens@shaw.ca
Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Edward.tripp@estripp.com
x Karen Van Hentenryck HL7 HQ karenvan@hl7.org
  1. Accept Agenda – Motion from Woody to accept agenda; seconded by Austin. Motion carried unanimously.
  2. Approve Minutes from 2009-07-13 TSC Call Minutes – Motion from McCaslin to approved with minor edits send to Lynn; seconded by Austin. Motion carried unanimously.
  3. Review action items – none this week

Standing Committee Reports/Approvals

  1. CEO Report – C. Jaffe was not on the call.
  2. CTO Report - John's report was sent via email this morning. He noted tooling committee’s request for funding tooling. Board approved the funding and we’re moving forward with those approved projects. Long term we will need funding from outside HL7. McCaslin asked about the name change to SAEAF. Waiting for notification from the ArB RE the name changed
    • EA IP Update: Marc reported that major progress between Kyoto and Atlanta was to get pilot program launched. Lack of clarify as to what this really means. What SD project would be the most appropriate to apply new framework. Led webinar last week with that group to highlight the artifacts, etc. There are URLs for sample documents (NCI work) available for review. Focus calls with ArB and selected projects are scheduled to continue the work. Must have 1-2 projects formalized before the Atlanta meeting to show progress. This will also be covered in upcoming out-of-cycle meeting in Traverse City. MI. (Marc dropped off the call). Austin noted that the two SAEAF tutorials available at the WGM are for charge. These should be free and there is some question as to the content of these tutorials as the frameworks are not completed/approved.
  3. ArB Report – No report as neither John Koisch nor Charlie Mead was on the call.
  4. Affiliates Report – No report as Ravi was not on the call.
  5. Domain Experts –
    • Patient Care invited to discuss broader issues of clinical implementation guides: - No one from patient care was on the call. Tabled until the next call.
  6. Foundation & Technology – Woody reported that they failed to meet quorum but have another call scheduled for next week
  7. Structure & Semantic Design – Calvin reported
    • Project Approval: SSD - Clinical Genomics, Genetic Variation, request at TSC Tracker # 1092 – Revision was to add a v2 IG to the V3 project. Motion by Calvin to approve; seconded by Woody: Motion carried unanimously.
  8. Technical & Support Services - Ken reported on the following items:
    • gForge will be rehosted soon and when this is done a new URL will need to be shared so that users can connect. Actual date is not defined at this time.
    • Tooling will write an article for the next eNews suggesting everyone stay tuned for further information and then when the information is available another article with provided details and date.
    • New HL7.org web landing page to be released. Watch for the count down counter to appear shortly on the old web page.
    • Project Services has work in progress on the Project Insight updates and has reached out to WGs to help develop their process prior to reaching out to all WGs for updates.
    • WGs expect to have their updated SWOTs and 3 year plans to the SD by the September meeting.

Discussion topics

  1. Ballot cycle document approvals: list for approval. Motion by Woody for approval of all items on the list; seconded by Calvin. Motion
    • DAM Medical Records Composite Privacy – ACTION ITEM- ARB to review and discussion. How would one trace conformance back to this document.
    • HL7 Version 3 Standard: XML Implementation Technology Specification, Release 2 - need to clarify on whether this covers both datatypes and structures. ACTION ITEM: Woody will check with Grahame Grieve and then update the TSC

Future Agenda item list

Click for TSC Action Item List