Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, June 23rd, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck
- Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair)
- Ken McCaslin
- Gregg Seppala
- Karen Van Hentenryck
- (5 min) Meeting Admin
- Roll Call - Quorum was established with the following individual participating on the call: Austin Kreisler, Calvin Beebe, Charlie McCay, John Quinn , Woody Beeler, Helen Stevens Love, Chalrie Mead, Frank Oemig and Jim Case.
- Accept Agenda - no objections, accepted.
- Approve Minutes from concall-20080616 - unanimously approved
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report - no report.
- CTO Report - John referenced the SDO summit and HITSB documented as documented in the CTO report.
- ARB report - Charlie had the first of the three planned jump start meetings for Services in HL7. 7 ARB members & 4 - 6 observers attended. The group reviewed the deliverables for December. He noted that there was good discussion at the meeting. They are planning to post and show products at the Sept. meeting. Postings are available on the ARB wiki site.
- Affiliates Report - no report.
- Domain Experts - MOTION by SD: To approve Detailed Clinical Models project scope from Patient Care - Following up on ACTION ITEM: confer with Ed Hammond re: coordination with HL7/CEN/ISO efforts. John noted that we wanted review with Ed and make sure he is conformable. Given previous discussion with Ed, he was in favor with it. Austin - noted that there was a budget request attached on this. A rough estimate was $2,000 for travel expenses. If the TSC approves, then the next step, would be to submit to the executive committee for consideration. Motion to accept: Unanimously approved.
- The group discussed that we might loose quorum over the next couple of weeks as a number of members will be one vacation over the next two weeks. The committee will check via e-mail what we might want to do the next couple of weeks.
- Foundation & Technology - MOTION by SD: To approve CTS2 project scope  Woody, noted the vocabulary proposal CTS2 was endorsed by the steering division, suggestion to include specification at the end of the name was accepted as a friendly amendment by Woody. Becoming: Common Terminology Services Specifications Release 2 (CTS 2). Second friendly amendment to suggestion to change of entry on form to note it as a web services. Motion to accept with friendly revisions: Unanimously approved.
- Structure & Semantic Design - MOTION by SD: To approve Implementation Guide for Healthcare Associated Infection Rpts project scope 
Follwing up on ACTION ITEM seek concurrence from PHER. Austin - PHER has agreed to be added to the project as a co-sponsor. Austin noted that PHER agreed to be added to the project as a co-sponsor, they are not going to be able to provide much in the way of resources, but still accepted role. Motion to approve: Unanimously approved.
- Technical & Support Services - no report
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- HDF plans and progress - John noted that there was not a lot to discuss and would like to carry this forward on the agenda.
- Added Agenda Item - Upcoming TSC Elections - Charilie noted that we have Domain Experts needing a candidate; we need one for Domain Experts and an Affiliate member. Calvin mentioned that Amnon Shabo might be interested in running.
- Request for TSC newsletter submissions in the 36 hours was requested. Please send a couple of paragraphs if possible.
- Review outstanding issues 
- TSC elections