Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, February 25th, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 702-894-2444 and enter pass code 1244667# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck
- Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair)
- (10 min) Meeting Admin
- Roll Call - The following TSC members participated on the call: John Quinn, Ed Hammond, Chuck Meyer, Karen Van Hentenryck, Woody Beeler, Gregg Seppala, Jim Case, Ken McCaslin, Calvin Beebe, Charlie McCay,k Frank Oemig, Charlie Mead, and Helen Stevens.
- Accept Agenda - The agenda was accepted without modification.
- Approve Minutes from concall-20080211 - MOTION by Beeler: To accepted the minutes from the Feb 11 call; seconded by Beebe. Motion passed unanimously.
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report - No report was provided.
- CTO Report - Quinn reported that he was at HIMSS and had nothing new to report. He asked Beeler to provide an update on the status of the Normative Edition. Beeler indicated that he is assembling the content and that the Normative Edition would be ready in April.
- ArB report - Charlie Mead reported that the group tried to stay away from the GE issue. There is a bigger issue, which is that GE reviewed the ballot four times and asked what the ArB's role is in that problem. The ArB has asked the TSC to provide some specific assignment to work on. They were told not to work on organizational issues; the ballot and QA issue is started but nothing that can be solved in the short term. MnM has a definitive motion on each of the items that the ArB posed. MnM also discussed a strategy for getting vocabulary that is approved kept up to date. The TSC will discuss on a future call what the ArB's work items/priorities should be.
- Affiliates Report - Nothing to report.
- Domain Experts - Jim Case reported that the Domain Experts copnvened a call last week, reviewing seven scope statements. Those discussions yielded the questions that Case submitted to the list. We need clarify on the JIC projects. Quinn responded that he met with the ISO representatives on Saturday, just before HIMSS. They are expecting the TSC to approve the three projectsin question within the next few weeks. Quinn will join the Domain Experts call to answer questions related to these projects. The three projects in questions were approved (via eVote) this morning. Case reported that there was continued discusson on his steering division call related to the committees that are no longer working on V2.
- Foundation & Technology - ##*Motion to approve project: CMET R8 - Beeler reported that the CMETs, R8 proposal has been withdrawn and the work group will reballot the document as R7.
- Motion to approve project: Risk Assessment Cookbook - MOTION by Beeler: That the TSC approve the Risk Assessment Framework project; seconded by Case. Motion approved unanimously.
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- Motion to approve project: Quality Reporting Document Architecture - MOTION by Beebe: That the TSC approve the Quality Reporting Document Architecture project; seconded by Case. Motion passed unanimously.
- Technical & Support Services - McCaslin reported that the Technical & Support Services steering division did not meet duirng the past week. The project services groups is still sseeking a second co-chair.
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- (5 min) Project Initiation and Scope Template - Charlie McCay - Has asked for a motion from the Technical and Support Services steering division to confirm the current process; a description of how the trial process works and how members report changes to the process; and a motion to approve the maintenance process and draft template. Beelers feels Freida Hall, as chair of project services, should bring forward what she feels is the current process and template through their steering division and up to the TSC itself. The final decision is with the TSC. MOTION by Beeler: The definition of the project review processes (diagram and notes) and project scope statement(s) should be developed by the project services committee (PSC) and offered through the Technical and Support Services steering division (T3SD) for adoption. The PSC should recommend whether they believe that a singleproject scope statement can support all project types or not; seconded by Beebe. Motion passed unanimously.
- (10 min) GE Ballot issues (from the ArB) - Charlie McCay noted that we need to specify what should be harmonized and what shouldn’t. Beeler indicated that this can be extracted from the MnM minutes. We must separate the long term resolution from how we are responding directly to this particular ballot item. Beeler noted that GE will not withdraw their negative vote. The committee can try to push it back as a non-persuasive and move forward. There is a document that will be balloted in the upcoming ballot cycle that will explain to the membership what can and shoul be harmonized and what shouldn't. Charlie Mead will reference that upcoming ballot in his response to the GE. Van Hentenryck will respond to Kathleen Connor that the committee, should they wish to advance the document, should proceed with the the recirculation ballot.
- (5 min) Work Group Management - Charlie/Karen Van (see TSC Issue 153/ task 142) - Given the lateness of the hour, this item will be carried forard to next week for discussion. TSC members should post their comments on this document to the list.
- (10 min) Review Project list and Communication Plan (including Technical Newsletter)- Van Hentenryck reported that the current project list has been posted and a link to the project list is provided from the TSC pave. Dave Hamill needs to develop a process for updating this list and keeping it current.
Call adjourned at 11 am ET
- Approval of project scope statement template
- Review HITSP projects
- Review ISO/CEN/HL7 joint projects
- Review draft document outlining work group collaboration
- Review draft document outlining processes for bringing JIC projects into HL7