2014-07-21 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2014-07-21
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: John Quinn Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
regrets Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
regrets Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . x Shreya Soni x Lynn Laakso
. Don Mon (Vice Chair) vote . . . x Don Lloyd
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-07-14 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Discussion topics: updated Help Desk engagement with WGs document


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Approval items by e-vote
  4. Discussion topics:
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
John convenes 11:05 AM

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) Shreya here for SDC. Approved by steering division this week so bring to top of agenda.
  2. Agenda review and approval –Paul will also do an update on UDI in addition to the SDC project review.
  3. Approve Minutes of 2014-07-14 TSC Call Agenda Austin moves and Andy seconds approval of minutes. Unanimously approved.
  4. SDC project scope, added back in the implementation guide aspects to the scope, approved by the SSD SD last Friday.
    • Project Approval request of Structured Data Capture (SDC) FHIR Profile for OO of SSD SD cosponsored by Vocabulary, Patient Care, CG, CIC WGs at Project Insight # 1104 and TSC Tracker #3377 (deferred pending Steering Division re-review)
    • Clarification of scope to describe interactions and deferring long-term objectives by ONC to harmonize data elements. Harmonization is not in the scope of this IG.
    • add to this week’s e-vote; questions can go to her or Lloyd McKenzie.


  1. Discussion topics: updated Help Desk engagement with WGs document (Tracker 3227)
    • Austin suggests we may want to accompany this with a recommended clause in the Work Groups’ DMP template for defining their response time to Help Desk requests
    • Response times may be defined on a question by question basis.
    • Shifts focus from WG cochair responsibility for response to inquiries to WG cochair as conduit or contact point for a response from the WG.
    • Freida asks what the anticipated volume of inquiries is anticipated to be. JohnR notes there are not enough historical numbers to provide statistical significance.
    • Calvin thinks it’s good work. JohnR notes that though the WGs would be responsible it does allow for the cochairs to foster and work on the issues themselves if appropriate. WG cochairs are responsible for facilitation and ensuring it doesn’t get dropped.
    • Review and keep on the agenda and vote on August 4th.


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items by e-vote for this week
  3. Discussion topics:
    • UDI status
      • UDI documentation went through harmonization last week. Stored in an identifier where used as identifier and in a code field for when not using as an identifier. That has passed harmonization and will come to the TSC for approval as part of the harmonization package. He reviewed with Scott Brown at GS1 and proposed a new string format for GS1 to use for exchange of information with non allowable data format characters as delimiters. Their X12 person was away but Scott will confer when they get back. They need string field examples of their coding as well. Paul was also able to refer to a WEDI document that demonstrated similar needs.
      • Keep on agenda and review GS1 feedback after they evaluate the proposal Paul offered.
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
    • Ballot approval list for 2014Sep
      • Characteristics of a Value Set Definition is an “HL7 Specification”. Freida notes that we had reviewed at the WGM and didn’t want to use specification. Do we call it “standard” or ‘cross product specification’? JohnQ notes that specification is not in the glossary as distinguished from standard.
      • HL7 Version 3 Specification used for the SOA services. HL7 cross product specification used for HTTP 1.1. May want to review minutes from May WGM on ballot naming before approving this list. There was an outstanding action item that Paul has yet to review with FHIR.
      • Further discussion on the SOA ballots as non V3 messaging raised by Lorraine. ITS ballot as the “S” in ITS might be invalidated notes Pau.
      • Need to look at the context from the WGM, but Lorraine will not be on the call next week. Don notes the ballot opens August 8 and he can make changes as they come in. The August 4 TSC call is the last chance before ballot open.
      • Review Paul’s document, the spreadsheet and minutes from the WGM next week in preparation for final approval of ballot titles and ballot inclusion for August 4. Paul will ensure Lorraine’s comments are included in next week’s discussion.

Adjourned 11:53 AM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.