20121205 TSC Risk Assessment call

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Risk Assessment Task Force Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 998-903-490

Date: 2012-12-05
Time: 9:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Quorum n/a
Facilitators ArB Members Members
x Austin Kreisler x Calvin Beebe x Pat van Dyke
Jane Curry x Ed Tripp


Supporting Documents


  • Roll call
  • Agenda Review
  • Outstanding Action items:
    • Austin - Austin will determine the status of the education plan. Education plan was approved to some degree.
  • Continue Review Consolidated risk assessment spreadsheet
    • GOM 8 and 18 from Ed
      • There is a great deal under the surface here that the GOM doesn't touch upon. The level of granularity in this section is different than other sections. We also need to address at what level of the organization this is to be addressed for mitigation. SDO liaison assignment is at the CEO and Board level. Some liaison functions are effectively attached to Work Groups, however. Board will delegate operational responsibility to TSC and TSC to different groups. Level of authority will be evaluated with the governance points. Effectively, the staff is managing the liaison relationships and there is no governance. TSC has stepped into the vacuum of Activities with Other SDOs but there's little other light on these activities.
    • GOM 11 from Calvin
      • Discussion ensued on 11.03 on specific instances of tutorial message review. There may be an opportunity for a governance point where paid tutorials are offered that material must be formalized through some sort of peer review or ballot process, in the case of the Security Risk Assessment framework. Calvin mentions there is an issue of the shared copyright of tutorial material as intellectual property but it is not in the tutorial section of the GOM. Mitigation may involve a peer review of content on a rotating set of volunteers. May want to ask the new Direction of Education. None of these identified as currently critical. Post tutorial evaluation is not in here but is an important mitigation of risks not otherwise expressed. It's certainly a governance point.
    • Continue on consolidated risk assessment spreadsheet
      • Come back to Product strategy when better developed
      • SWOT risk of resource needs for facilitators is being mitigated in FHIR development reducing need for technical facilitators. We have many kinds of facilitators and a shortage of all of them. Is that an unsustainable business operation? Some roles have been formalized that are not critical. Also need a shared pool of resources to do these pools. Like the FHIR core team, you may have a team of facilitators attached to a product line/family rather than to a Work Group. If risk is that every work group needs a full complement of facilitators, instead we say we need a set of facilitators for each product line. The specialized skill set for developing a V3 standard has become too refined and the tools don't support broad use. Our job will be to evaluate the roles defined in the BAM for which are critical for mitigating each risk. We want to highlight this one in Phoenix.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

back to TSC Risk Assessment

© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.