2011-12-05 TSC Call Minutes

From HL7 TSC
(Redirected from 2011-12-05 TSC Call Agenda)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 124466# new code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206

Date: 2011-12-05
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Austin Kreisler Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
Bob Dolin HL7 Board Chair
regrets Freida Hall Ad-hoc HL7 T3SD SD Co-Chair- representative
x Tony Julian HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler HL7 TSC Chair, DESD Co-Chair
x Lynn Laakso HL7 staff support
Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Ken McCaslin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
regrets Charlie Mead HL7 ArB Chair
x Ravi Natarajan HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Ron Parker HL7 ArB Alternate
x John Quinn HL7 CTO
Helen Stevens HL7 Ad-Hoc member, Affiliate representation
x Ed Tripp HL7 DESD Co-Chair
Pat Van Dyke HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
Mead Walker invited guest, HL7 DESD SD Co-Chair-elect
x Brian Pech observer
x Don Lloyd HL7 HQ

Quorum Requirements (Chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: yes


Agenda Topics

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-11-07 TSC Call Agenda, 2011-11-14 TSC Call Agenda (notes only - no quorum), 2011-11-21 TSC Call Agenda
  4. Review action items
  5. Approval items:
  6. Discussion topics:
  7. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  8. Open Issues List

Supporting Documents

  • See links


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 11:05 AM EST

  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests) - Brian Pech is observing, Don Lloyd is available for comment in the ballot review
  2. Agenda review and approval - Austin Kreisler - no changes noted
  3. Approve Minutes of 2011-11-07 TSC Call Agenda, 2011-11-14 TSC Call Agenda (notes only - no quorum), 2011-11-21 TSC Call Agenda
    • Minutes as a block vote for all three: Vote: unanimously approved
  4. Review action items
    • Review Strategic Initiatives TSC Dashboard
      • Ken notes he has made no progress on his tasks. Austin will be taking something to the board next week to finalize the initiatives for which the TSC has responsibility and determine the level to which the TSC will track initiatives. There is some cleanup, notes Ken and proposed removing Strategic Initiative checkboxes on the 2012 PSS but we will not do that yet for next year, but include better Q&A around what those mean.
    • Ron and Tony arrive
  5. Approval items:
    • Final ballot changes:
      • Incomplete Reconciliation for Patient Administration, Patient Encounter Ballot of May 2011 - should the TSC grant a waiver?
        conditional that the previous ballot pool be automatically included in this round of balloting, and their previous comments remain in force and must be reconciled after this round of balloting.
      • Without ballot reconciliation document which disappeared with Gregg's retirement, they haven't incorporated resolution of comments but have new requirements they wish to include. The results spreadsheet with the tallies and approval of changes is what's missing. Ravi asks about version control systems to monitor changes to such documents. Austin notes that such tools are available to work groups today. We can strongly recommend but not require and with Work Group stewardship this kind of thing is going to happen.
      • Don asks for a clarification with review of comments received from negative voters; no comments received from affirmative voters. Should he move the negative voters into the pool or more than that, for voters who already voted affirmative without comment or voted to abstain. Ron notes that in the spirit of retaining the input the comments should be moved forward but not the vote tally. Calvin notes if someone voted negative in the last pool it should move into this pool. The content is not identical to what was balloted previously as DSTU, so the negative balloters will have an opportunity to change their vote; those that balloted affirmative or abstain are invited to join the pool and change their vote.
      • Calvin asks if the original spreadsheet becomes available is it still applicable? With this normative ballot the reconciliation will apply to the whole body of work.
      • Woody moves and Calvin seconds Motion: grant the waiver to allow Patient Administration to move into this normative ballot along with prior negative votes and comments from the previous DSTU ballot. Vote: unanimously approved. Don leaves the call.
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Tooling WG of T3SD: EHR-S FM Profiling tool at Project Insight # 831, TSC Tracker # 2122
      • Woody describes the project; Ron notes the Canadian contributors to EHR-S FM find this important to contribute perspectives to the profiles drawn from the FM. Don Mon has noted his priorities for this project according to John Quinn. This is also included among the priorities from Jane Curry to John, says Woody.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for Project Services WG of T3SD: 2012 Annual Updates to Project Scope Statement template/Project Approval Process at Project Insight # 835, TSC Tracker # 2123
      • Ken reports on this project, the annual update with comments and recommendations to the Project Scope Statement. Project Services typically works on this after the September WGM in readiness for the January WGM.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
    • Motion: Approve Project Scope Statement for RCRIM WG of DESD: Regulated Product Submission Release 2 Draft 2 (RPS R2D2) at Project Insight # 539, TSC Tracker # 2124
      • Ed describes this as a revision of a current project scope statement to change the name and to update the lists of folks in the project team. As another DSTU ballot it was initially considered a release 3 but in fact it is release 2 dstu revision 2. IDMP was considered as a dependency but that was withdrawn.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
    • Motion: Approve Informative document publication request for RCRIM WG of DESD: HL7 Version 3 Implementation Guide: Drug Stability Reporting (eStability) R2, Release 3 at Project Insight # 275, TSC Tracker # 2125
      • Ed described some cross references in the document that was balloted with no negatives. Work with publishing to get the referencing correct and now ready to publish.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
  6. Discussion topics:
    • Tracker# 2111: Process for Work Groups changing steering divisions
      • Proposed process: Work group submits petition to change steering divisions for both its current steering division and proposed steering division. Both steering divisions need to approve petition based upon their decision making practices. Work Group may appeal steering division decisions to the TSC.
      • Discussed this on a conference call at which we did not have quorum. Consideration for source and target Steering Divisions on size and group composition is left up to the Steering Divisions.
      • Motion: Ed moves to accept the process as proposed. Woody seconds.
      • Vote: unanimously approved
      • How to Operationalize this new process: Ken notes it may need to be part of the GOM. John notes that we should document how to make it work and then provide it to the GOC but since the GOM stands mute on this it's left to us. ACTION ITEM: Austin will take an action item on how to document this and draft the process document. He thinks perhaps a simple form for Work Groups to complete and record the approvals. Ken would rather see the process documented as an exception, but not a form that might encourage ongoing behavior. Calvin notes that SSD SD would like to see a swap with DESD for II. Work Groups can be informed that the process has been determined and they may petition their Steering Division.
    • Reminder: Feedback on TSC_Guidance_on_Ballot_Levels accepted until November 30th
      • Next step is to discuss the comment received, approve what we have in San Antonio and move forward with it. Ron notes recursive relationships of standardization of existing artifacts create cascading conformance requirements. RIM as an axiom, CMETs etc. That would be a valuable addition. ACTION ITEM: Austin will consider the comment and adjustments to the guidance language as necessary, and work with Ron.
    • Seeking TSC endorsement of the Product maintenance process (TSC Tracker #2115)
      • John comments that often the move from DSTU to normative may simply not meet up with the ballot cycle and would not want to lose that product information due to timing issue. Ed notes that you might note that a product is "no longer available" or "available from DSTU site" or "Available in Normative Edition". Ravi asks if there is guidance in the GOM. John reports that the product briefs are new. Calvin notes that we might want to offer a two-cycle window on expired DSTU and then remove it, for protection of the access to the IP. Ken asks if we really need product briefs for DSTU. John notes that S&I framework work needs access to people interested. We might publish a warning to those items that will be obsoleted this next cycle. Lynn notes we have an expired DSTUs report. Ken asks if there is an expiration date in the document for the product briefs. He suggests "this document is active until…". John notes there are frequently DSTU updates so we have to be aware.
    • Roll remainder of discussion over to next week, including review and endorsement of updates to Publication Request Template (TSC Tracker #2116)

Adjourned 11:58 AM EST.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin will take an action item on how to document this process for work groups changing steering division and draft the process document.
  • Austin will consider the comment and adjustments to the guidance language as necessary, and work with Ron.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items