2009-06-08 TSC Call Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, June 8, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Daylight Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Chair: Charlie McCay
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
- ARB: Charlie Mead (primary), John Koisch (alternate)
- Ad-Hoc: Jim Case
- HQ: Lynn Laakso
- Charles Jaffe (CEO)
- Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Bob Dolin (HL7 Vice Chair)
- Marc Koehn (EA IP)
- Karen Van Hentenryck (HQ)
- Marc Koehn
- Ken McCaslin
- (5 min) Meeting Admin
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report -
- CTO Report - In the last week, my activities have been primarily focused in two areas:
- HL7 and OMG co-hosted their second SOA and Healthcare conference at the Hyatt hotel in Rosemont near Chicago’s O’Hare Airport yesterday. The program was IMHO better than last year with more practical experience presentations and less vendor pitches. I did sense some real frustration, however, with at least one presenter and several participants with the very short fuse for development and deployment the US ARRA legislation imposes on healthcare provider organizations.
- On Friday (6/5) we held our first face-to-face SCO meeting post-formation. I have started discussions on a small project to demonstrate to NCPDP (and ONC) that it would not be difficult (and it would be consistent with CCD) if we demonstrated expressing the NCPDP SCRIPT (static prescription) as a CDA that could then be moved as a message between physician and PBM/Pharmacy e-prescribing router (e.g., Surescripts). I have verified my assumptions with Scott Robertson of KP who essential demonstrated the same capability about five years ago between and HL7 acute provider and a retail pharmacy for discharge medications. I will now proceed to contact and discuss this with the HL7 Pharmacy WG. Fyi, coincidentally, Scott has just started a term as an NCPDP Trustee.
- This week I have two meetings at DHHS with Chuck Jaffe and Ed Hammond: Tuesday with John Glaser and Wednesday with David Blumenthal MD. When not preparing/attending these meetings I will be attending HITSP face-to-face and a HITSP Panel meeting this week; both in Arlington VA.
- EA IP Update: from Marc Koehn - At this point we are in a holding pattern waiting for the Alpha Charters to roll in. I am hopeful that PASS will come in this week given the Chicago SOA discussions – but I have not yet received a formal update. CTS2 will be tackling their charter work shortly as well. I have not yet heard form Charlie Mead on the NCS projects but have a feeling that they are waiting for some funding. As for CDA R3, I sense a bit of resistance given some recent threads but we will aim to work through that with them on the their call on the 18th.
- ArB Report -
- Affiliates Report -
- Domain Experts -
- JIC Projects - Do they follow the same approval process as other projects? We have a set of 5 JIC projects incorrectly assigned to RCRIM (now changed to Pharmacy). These projects have never been reviewed by DESD or the TSC but were marked in Project Insight and the project scope document as approved by Pharmacy, steering division and TSC on 5/12/2009.
- Foundation & Technology -
- proposed RASCI (Responsible, Accountable, Supportive, Consulted, Informed) chart discussion to manage the apparent overlap between various work groups and projects in our Steering Division: Draft RASCI chart. We would like to propose the approach and a first draft chart. In view of great upcoming changes, it may be useful to use RASCI charts for the entire organization collaboratively with the work groups to identify the responsibilities and interests of various stakeholder. A RASCI chart approach may be used for other new, cross-cutting activities initiated by the TSC.
- Project Insight and GForge cost-benefit analysis - from listserv thread
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- Technical & Support Services -
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- Open Issues List
- Technical Newsletter call for articles - deadline June 23rd to Karen Van Hentenryck
- Requiring NWIP and HL7 Project Scope Statements to include a table of related products and projects, and to describe the intended scope boundary and joint maintenance approach for each
- Tabled Motion:The TSC provide a structure and format guideline for three year plans to the WGs that describes the content detail required for their own project guidance and decision making processes.
- Review and discuss Work Group Health documents, and determine a plan to agree what the metrics should be in the spreadsheets, and what we show on the Monday evening cochairs meeting in Atlanta