2009-06-01 TSC Call Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, June 1, 2009 11:00 AM (US Eastern Daylight Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/165215206 GoToMeeting ID: 165-215-206
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- Chair: Charlie McCay
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Austin Kreisler (primary), Ed Tripp (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Ravi Natarajan
- ARB: Charlie Mead (primary), John Koisch (alternate)
- Ad-Hoc: Jim Case
- HQ: Lynn Laakso
- Charles Jaffe (CEO)
- Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Bob Dolin (HL7 Vice Chair)
- Marc Koehn (EA IP)
- Karen Van Hentenryck (HQ)
- Ken McCaslin
- Ed Tripp
- (5 min) Meeting Admin
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report -
- CTO Report -
- EA IP Update
- Marc reports:In terms of progress, we have been focusing on pushing the Alpha candidates to get their charters completed as a key next steps to kick-start the next set of conversations. The PASS folks will be using the SOA meetings in Chicago to shape their draft; CDA R3 requested assistance which Lynn and I are trying to provide; the others (NCI and CTS2) are still thinking through their responses.
- We will also be trying to push the overall EA work forward with the advisory group, being mindful of TSC guidance from the Saturday and Sunday mtgs.
- EA IP Update
- ArB Report -
- Affiliates Report -
- Domain Experts -
- Project Approval Request: PORR DAM for Patient Safety at TSC Tracker #1054
- Request to Publish Informative Document for PHER: TB DAM, TSC Tracker # 1057
- DESD Kyoto WGM discussion – there was a desire to develop a standard reperesentation/format for the three year plans so an expected amount of detail can be presented and gleaned. It should not be a “make-work” project, but should at least be intelligible. This does not seem to be an issue unique to the DESD, but it needs to be something that both meets the need of the TSC and Board as well as the DESD.
- Motion: The TSC provide a structure and format guideline for three year plans to the WGs that describes the content detail required for their own project guidance and decision making processes.
- Some work groups need clarification on the recent deadline for new project submissions for the September ballot cycle. There are work groups in DESD and other steering divisions that are drafting new project proposals as we speak on the assumption that these projects can still be added in time for the Sept. ballot. Was May 24th a real deadline or not? If not, why do we call it a deadline, and what is the real deadline? If May 24th was a real deadline we need to clearly and unambiguously communicate that fact to the co-chairs and HL7 membership. In addition, it seems that those late projects would not be eligible for inclusion in the Sept. ballot.
- DESD has approved Wendell Ocasio as the steering division representative to the ArB.
- Foundation & Technology -
- proposed RASCI (Responsible, Accountable, Supportive, Consulted, Informed) chart discussion to manage the apparent overlap between various work groups and projects in our Steering Division: Draft RASCI chart. We would like to propose the approach and a first draft chart. In view of great upcoming changes, it may be useful to use RASCI charts for the entire organization collaboratively with the work groups to identify the responsibilities and interests of various stakeholder. A RASCI chart approach may be used for other new, cross-cutting activities initiated by the TSC.
- Structure & Semantic Design -
- Technical & Support Services -
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- Review and discuss Work Group Health documents, and determine a plan to agree what the metrics should be in the spreadsheets, and what we show on the Monday evening cochairs meeting in Atlanta
- TSC Product Visibility Project (TSC Tracker #999 ) and draft wiki page
- Draft pages on TSC Wiki - move to HL7 Wiki?
- High-level list approved by TSC (like ballot document titles)
- Proposal for Large Customer Partnerships (was TSC Actionable National Initiative Plan 2009)Scope Statement, at TSC Tracker # 1001
- Open Issues List