Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC - Technical Steering Committee
Monday, April 28th, 2008 11:00 AM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5) To participate, dial 770-657-9270 and enter pass code 124466# GoToMeeting at https://www.gotomeeting.com/join/822618174 GoToMeeting ID: 822-618-174
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
- CTO: John Quinn
- Domain Experts: Jim Case (primary), Austin Kreisler (alternate)
- Foundation & Technology: Ioana Singureanu (primary), Woody Beeler (alternate)
- Structure & Semantic Design: Calvin Beebe (primary), Gregg Seppala (alternate)
- Technical & Support Services: Ken McCaslin (primary), Helen Stevens Love (alternate)
- Affiliate: Frank Oemig,
- ARB Chair: Charlie Mead
- HQ: Karen Van Hentenryck
- Charles Jaffe (CEO); Ed Hammond (HL7 Chair); Chuck Meyer (HL7 Vice Chair)
- (5 min) Meeting Admin
- Roll Call - The following individuals participated on the call: Charlie McCay, Helen Stevens, Calvin Beebe, John Quinn, Gregg Seppala, Chuck Meyer, Woody Beeler, Frank Oemig, and Karen Van Hentenryck
- Accept Agenda - Agenda accepted
- Approve Minutes from concall-20080421 - MOTION by Beeler to approve the minutes; seconded by Stevens Love. Motion unanimously approved.
- (20 min) Standing Committee Reports/Approvals
- CEO Report - No report was provided.
- CTO Report -Quinn asked Beeler to outline the remaining process to get QA review of Normative Edition. Beeler responded that the goal is to have a solid preview site by the end of the week and detailed questions for committees for resolution. Committees will then be asked to review their content. Beeler will do a presentation of this schedule on Monday evening at the working group meeting. Committees should respond within two weeks, with the goal of having the final the Normative Edition ready to duplicate by the end of May.
- ARB report - Charlie Mead was not on the call but did send a written report to the listserv. Quinn noted that the ArB mission and charter was approved and the web site is being updated accordingly. Beeler noted that ballot Q/A has not been well coordinated between Beeler and Don Lloyd. This will be addressed on Saturday in Phoenix.
- Affiliates Report - Nothing to report
- Domain Experts - - Nothing to report
- Foundation & Technology - Nothing to report
- Structure & Semantic Design - Beebe noted that the EHR profile project will be brought forward on Saturday at the WGM for approval.
- Technical & Support Services - Stevens Love asked who manages the product codes. The TSC or Board needs to assign who manages the product codes rather than relying on the Project Services committee to do this. Quinn feels this would part of the MECC discussions. MECC is looking at how to manage non-technical, previously Board-appointed committees that are now under the TSC. ACTION ITEM: TSC would like a concrete recommendation. Abdul-Malik Shakir has requested an education webinar update for Monday evening.
- (30 min) Discussion topics
- Results of nomination committee elections - Does TSC wish to appoint someone to that committee - Karen Van reported that HQ is still tallying the results of the election but that that would be announced soon.
- Signing up to proctor co-chair elections - Please let Karen know if you wish to proctor a co-chair election.
- GOC work items - Chuck Meyer reported that a work item going forward will be to include abstentions in ballot pools. The work items will be presented to the EC today for approval. Meyer will send the final list, once known, to the TSC listserv.
- Finalzing agenda for Saturday/Sunday TSC meetings May 2008 WGM- McCay has put some timing against the agenda items and we will need to compress some of the times to complete the agenda McCay asked if there were items missing from the list or if there were concerns regarding the time assigned to particular items. There was a suggestion to move the administrative reviews to conference calls or to Sunday evening. McCay's thought was to have substantive discussions on Saturday and revisit them on Sunday evening as needed. The ArB portion of agenda may be compressed. Beeler will try to find a letter on the TSC elections so we have something to start with when that item is discussed. McCay's reasons for giving 90 minutes for mission/resource plan is that these items seem critical for moving forward. There is concern that there is little raw material to feed into that discussion. Not having resource planning is a fairly substantial failure and thus McCay would be reluctant to reduce the time spent on this issue>
- Monday morning presentation - McCay will provide a TSC presentation durinjg the Monday morning session that will include balloting changes, high-level GOM process, etc. If people feel there are other issues that need to be covered, please convey those to McCay. Quinn noted that some topics may emerge from the Saturday/Sunday sessions.
- Finalizing agenda for Monday evening TSC meeting: May 2008 WGM- Abdul-Malik Shakir asked to add an update on the Education Webinar projects on Monday evening. These discussion will take place during the meal. Beebe noted his Steering Division had trouble achieving quorum following the meal at the last WGM, and asked HQ to have a handout on the tables that lists the names of the rooms to which the respective SDs will re-convene. Beeler asked if the TSC is sufficiently delegating decisions to the Steering Divisions so they have decisions to make. It's not that the groups have nothing to talk about, its that there is no particular decision to make. Beeler noted that we probably want to talk about TSC elections on Monday night, indicating which Steering Divisionss will have elections and the schedule and process for those elections.
- Technical newsletter - Van Hentenryck noted that we are on schedule to release the first technical newsletter before the WGM. Thanks to Helen Stevens Love and Wendy Huang for their efforts on this first edition.
Call adjourned at 11:48 am ET