2015-08-10 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 21:38, 10 August 2015 by Dhamill (talk | contribs) (→‎Minutes)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-08-10
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Dave Hammill
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
. Ken McCaslin . Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
. John Quinn . Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler . Calvin Beebe . Freida Hall
. John Roberts . Paul Knapp . Pat van Dyke . Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . Lynn Laakso . obs1 Regrets Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-08-03 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
    • Review and Approval of remaining ballot items for 2015Sep (ballots that weren't approved on last week's call are highlighted in yellow) - 10 minutes
  2. Discussion topics:


  1. Review action items – 5 minutes
    • Freida/John will draft plan on how white papers would be named, approved, published, maintained, expired, and reaffirmed. Andy will review from publishing perspective for TSC Review on 8/24
    • Freida to work on update to GOM to clarify language on voting to publish/submit a request to publish.
  2. Approval items for vote on today's call:
    • expedited TSC publishing approval for the pending C-CDA R2.1 DSTU Update (Calvin)
    • Project Approval Request for Reaffirmation of HL7 EHR Long Term Care Functional Profile, Release 1 at Project Insight 1159 and TSC Tracler 8538 - 5 minutes
    • Structured Docs is requesting an expedited TSC publishing approval for the pending C-CDA R2.1 DSTU Update.

The TSC is being asked authorize the TSC Chair or CTO to approve publication quickly (a day or less hopefully) instead of using the TSC e-vote process which can take a week or more. Per Calvin: SD WG is wrapping up the changes to the C-CDA R2.1 release which resolves numerous backward compatibility issues identified in C-CDA R2.0. We hope to have the final draft completed and SDWG approval for Publication in the next week or two and would like to expedite the publication request to ensure C-CDA R2.1 receives consideration by ONC for the next stage of meaningful use.

  1. Discussion topics:
    • TRAC update on Endorsement of External Standards progress (stemming from the discussion at the 2015-06-15 TSC Call Agenda) - 5 minutes
    • FHIR.org update - John Q. - 5 minutes
  2. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  3. Open Issues List


Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • 2015-08-03 TSC Call Minutes approved by General Consent
  • Expedited TSC publishing approval for the pending C-CDA R2.1 DSTU Update (Calvin)
    • Request coming from SD WG; The project was fast tracked. The group wants to get it in the hands of the community, especially the ONC, as there is the ONC Grant project that focuses on it.
    • Calvin Motion to Approve. John Roberts second. Unanimously approved.
  • Review and Approval of remaining ballot items for 2015Sep (ballots that weren't approved on last week's call are highlighted in yellow)
    • The TSC did not approve the ballot for project 1193 due to SOA PBS Metrics infractions. However, allowing this to go to ballot, would remove one of the infractions.
      • Roberts motions to approve; Paul seconds. Unanimously approved.
    • CBCC Behavioral Health project 1174 Ballot
      • John Roberts received back info from CBCC, they do have resources for this particular project, but doesn’t have resources regarding PBS metrics infractions.
      • J. Roberts motions to approve. Andy seconds. Unanimously approved.
      • Friendly amendment that SD co-chair indicates we’ll approve it this time, but next time CBCC should have addressed their PBS Metrics. Have CBCC indicate their plan for addressing their infractions.
    • SD WG HAI Report R3, project 1192 ballot
      • Calvin said SD WG reviewed the expired DSTUs; they expired but they were superseded by something else. Calvin will forward status updates on the expired DSTUs to Lynn and the PBS Metrics team will address them.
  • HL7 V2 Chapter Usage
    • Tony reviewed his powerpoint.. Note that in the Chapter By Version slide chapters 4&7 are combined
  • Issue from ONC regarding FHIR timeline/communication forwarded to TSC from USR-SC
    • Ken will talk with Grahame before bringing forward information to the TSC.
  • Freida to work on update to GOM to clarify language on voting to publish/submit a request to publish
    • Frieda summarized the proposed changes within the linked document that showed the modifications to the GOC.
    • Motion to approve by J. Roberts; Constable seconded. Unanimously approved.
  • PSS Approval of Reaffirmation of EHR LTC FP at Project Insight 1159 and TSC Tracler 8538
    • Pat motion to approve; Andy seconded. Unanimously approved.
  • FHIR.org update
    • No update; postponed to next week
  • Lorraine had the following question:
    • Decision Making Practices has something about opening up previously resolved results. Is it allowable to combine the re-open with the resolution as one motion, or should they be two separate motions. Lorraine saw an e-vote that combined the two.
    • Frieda indicates they should be two separate motions; others agreed as they are two separate questions, and a someone could vote differently on each question.
    • What should the appropriate response if a Work Group sees the combined e-vote? The group agreed that it should be escalated to the Steering Division for them to touch base with the Work Group.
  • Motion to make Freida an ad-hoc TSC member for policy questions for 2 years beginning January 1, 2016 and expiring Dec 31, 2017.
    • John Roberts makes motion; Stechishin seconds. Unanimously approved
  • Motion to invite Sandy to attend the TSC meetings at the October WGM, even though her term doesn’t begin until January.
    • J. Roberts makes motion; J. Quinn seconds. Unanimously approved

Please don't forget to hang up from the conference call (VOIP users)

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.