2015-06-08 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Revision as of 16:09, 8 June 2015 by Anne wizauer (talk | contribs)
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2015-06-08
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau .
x John Quinn x Lorraine Constable x Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
Regrets Melva Peters Regrets Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke x Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . .
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Stan Huff (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 . Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-06-01 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Management of inquiries from ONC (John)
    • TSC Elections Progress - Melva, Paul, Pat, Jean, and Andy
    • Naming of FHIR (and other) releases, i.e., 2.1 vs. 3 (Paul)


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval Items from Last Week's e-Vote, approved 6/0/0 with T3SD, DESD, ArB, FTSD, SSD-SD and one International affiliate voting:
  3. Approval Items for This Week:
  4. Discussion topics:
    • MOTION by Tony to extend Ken's Ad-Hoc membership to TSC for two years.
    • TSC completion of Post WGM Surveys
    • FHIR Registry Update
  5. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  6. Open Issues List


  • Meeting minutes accepted through general consent.
  • Management of inquiries from ONC: John Quinn states that inquiries are coming in regarding FHIR. John is directing them to committee chairs at this point. We will keep this on the agenda for next week as things evolve.
  • TSC Elections progress: Group did not meet. Group will meet after ArB tomorrow at 6:00 pm Eastern time; Anne to send out calendar invite with list of current candidates and openings.
  • Naming of FHIR releases: Paul states that after DSTU 2, there will be some additional content added into it including resources and possibly some profiles. They are planning on calling that DSTU 2.1; Paul suspects the proper naming would be DSTU 3. He mentions that there have been 2 unballoted updates to DSTU 1 – instead of calling them DSTU 1.1 and DSTU 1.2, they are called 0.0.81 and 0.0.82. These are internal version numbers that have nothing to do with the release number. Current policy is if it’s balloted and published, it’s a whole number. Lorraine states that the confusion comes because what will be balloted in January isn’t a change to the core spec – it’s updates to profiles and resources. Extended discussion over general organizational practices vs. the specific issues around FHIR ballots. May want to look at this issue from a broad standpoint at WGM in October in Q1 or Q2.
    • MOTION by Paul that the TSC confirms that the policy and guidance to WGs on DSTU updates is that when a DSTU is balloted and published it has an integer DSTU number with each publication having an incrementing DSTU number. Dot releases are for unballoted DSTU Updates as defined in the policy. Second by John R.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • Ken’s ad-hoc membership to TSC is coming up for renewal.
    • MOTION by Tony to extend Ken's Ad-Hoc membership to TSC for two years. Andy seconds. Ken states it is his intention to run for TSC chair, with the vote occurring at the October meeting. Will put this on the agenda for Saturday meeting in Atlanta.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: All
  • Post WGM meeting survey: Ken completed survey; he noted a lack of involvement from the local constituents compared to what he expected.
  • FHIR registry update: some work is going on and Ken understands that the registry would be able to be used by more than just FHIR. It will be owned by HL7. John Q. notes that it ties in with FHIR.org. Andy wonders if they are integrating generic registry requirements, and if so, who are they going through to do that? Ken states coordinating is being done through Chuck Jaffe and he has been assured we could use the registry to do more than just FHIR. Paul states that FHIR.org predates the registry product. Ken will invite Chuck Jaffe to an upcoming call to discuss with the group.
  • Call adjourned at 12:08 pm