T3SD WGM-20170911

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: <?>
Attendee Name Affiliation
regrets Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
× Sandy Stuart HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
× Melissa Mendivil Education
× Virginia Lorenzi (Board Report) Education
Fernando Campos Education
× David Burgess (Board Report) Electronic Services & Tools
Nat Wong Electronic Services & Tools
regrets Andy Stechishin Electronic Services & Tools
Michael Van der Zel Electronic Services & Tools
× Brian Pech Electronic Services & Tools
× Todd Cooper (Board Report) Healthcare Standards Integration
× John Donnelly Healthcare Standards Integration
Laura Heermann Langford Healthcare Standards Integration
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
× John Ritter (Board Report) International Mentoring
Liora Alschuler (Board Report) Process Improvement
× Sandy Stuart Process Improvement
Rick Haddorff (Board Report) Project Services
× Freida Hall Project Services
× Brian Pech Publishing
TBD Publishing
TBD Publishing
× Pete Gilbert Publishing
× Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
× Ken MacCaslin (non voting) HL7 TSC Chair

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call –
  2. Approve Agenda -
    • Motion: Approve as posted Freida/Todd unanimous
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes - August 14
    • Motion: Approve as posted John D/Freida unanimous
  4. Motion required to either retain or remove Andy as a co-chair
    • With Andy missing the three consecutive face-to-face meetings, the group in attendance needs to formally reconfirm Andy in his co-chair position or vote to remove Andy and then select a new interim co-chair to replace him.
    • Motion: Retain Andy as co-chair of T3SD David/Freida unanimous
  5. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Delivered a Pilot certification FHIR proficiency test. Prep class Wed this Wed. 30 needed by end of Oct…. Other potential options for credentialing programs. Should we partner with other organizations or Universities? Send note to those taking other FHIR courses after pilot assessment
      • Facilitator training is needed… Should this be done within co-chair training? TBD
    • Electronic Services & Tools
      • JIRA and Confluence pilots. Devices offered to use it for test. Would like to have a best practice user guide to accompany launch. Devices and EST to work through connection.
      • Free Conference Call.com. Many using but not all. Some firewalls cannot use it. If you need to use something else, and you are willing to give credentials to webmaster then it can be uploaded.
    • Healthcare Standards Integration
      • Challenged over last few months. Not achieving mission. Should we shut down. Session tomorrow to discuss changes needed to operate. Should they really be in the Foundations Steering committee? Stay tuned…
    • International Mentoring
      • Nothing to report
    • Process Improvement
      • We finalized DMP. Update will come out in next month. ONLY changes to the template will be posted by Feb 2. You must vote in new DMP by Feb 2.
    • Project Services
      • Project Lifecycle document balloted. Over 100 comments received.
    • Publishing
      • Meeting to discuss whether there is still V2/V3 groups. Will report back to PLA and SGB. 2.9 still open to ballot. NIB for next cycle is Nov 12th. 2.9.1 would be potentially Sept cycle if 2.9 passes.
      • PSS exists that are very old. Should be cleaned up. PBS metrics should maybe be updated? Should they be archived? Needs review to clean up. Bandwidth always an issue. Project Services to look at how to tackle this issue.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Schedule for Release 4 is hot topic.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • CDA Newest Management group. In progress. CIMI TBD.
  6. Steering Division Topics
    • N/A
  7. Work Group Health
    • N/A
  8. TSC meeting Report
    • How WG’s will potentially be structured – no changes as yet.
  9. New Business
    • Ken shared rumors that were from another steering division that we were closing down some WG’s. Clarified what our SD does. No decisions are made for any moves or changes.
  10. Meeting adjourned at 8:00 pm Pacific