T3SD WGM-20120514

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
X Patrick Loyd (Interim) Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
X Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
X Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
(Open) Process Improvement
X Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Publishing
X Jane Daus Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
X Sandy Stuart Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Tooling
Tim Ireland Tooling
X Andy Stechishin Tooling
Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • In middle of eLearning course with 250 students. Also running Spanish translation course with 80 students and Pakistan course with 14 students. Italian course scheduled for September. Australia and India are finalizing their education editions. Course has also been translated to Japanese. There have been some comments the course assignments were too difficult. HL7 Director of Education will be joining June 6.
    • Electronic Services
      • Joint meeting with Education to discuss training/tutorial on balloting; this was a request from the web survey. This is intended to be a web based training format. Moving forward with existing projects.
    • International Mentoring
      • Met at JIC TC 215 last week; discussed Africa initiative, which was warmly received. JIC has public health task force dealing with low and medium income in Africa. HL7 Ambassadars have presented in Africa but there has not been an affiliate application. IMC wants to provide experts and education in cooperation with other groups.
    • Process Improvement
      • Sandy reported she “inherited” PIC in February; Margie Kennedy had to step back as co-chair. PIC is looking for another co-chair, and will be working on catch up on existing projects. Working on Mission/Charter.
    • Project Services
      • Dave gave the PS report at the co-chairs dinner meeting, nothing additional to report.
    • Publishing
      • V2 – Waiting for chapters to be turned in (after reconciling ballot comments). Hope to get ballot out in next cycle. Patrick will work with Jane to contact WGs that have not completed their chapter edits.
      • V3 – All ballots achieved quorum.
      • Need to ratify SWOT; need joint meeting in Baltimore. Working together on ballot quality, trying to automate/formalize V2 quality check. In addition to producing quality reports, need to educate on how to interpret/react to report.
    • Tooling
      • John Quinn not at this WGM; Andy has not yet talked to Jane about the Tooling Challenge that was to be proposed at this WGM. The liaison meeting is effective in managing projects under Tooling. Other projects: Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models and EHR-S FM Profiling tool – setting standard for future proposals. Patrick asked about the V3 Generator; the primary resource is now working on FHIR. Tooling is also looking at vocabulary tooling from NLM to manage vocabulary change requests. Electronic Services need to be involved; need to schedule call also to include staff support; even if tooling is donated, there will likely be cost for hosting service, education, etc. Board needs to be aware of the cost. Jim Case is the liaison/coordinator.
  2. New Business -
    • Steering Division Co-Chair elections - Helen Stevens is co-chairing the Steering Division\Nominations committee. Patrick is up for T3SD Co-Chair election. Nominee can be current SD WG chair or past chair. Deadline for nomination is June 15, and need to verify nominees understand commitment as SD Co-Chairing/TSC member. Patrick reported he will not be running for another term, will be focusing on other areas such as SAIF and FHIR
    • Healthiest Work Group Awards - Healthiest Work Group Awards – Congratulations to T3SD Work Groups achieving “Platinum” status: Education, Electronic Services, Project Services, and Tooling.
    • Co-chair elections - Bill Braithwaite for Electronic Services; Diego for IMC; Tim Ireland for Tooling. Most T3SD Work Groups have 1 at least board appointed and 1 elected co-chair.
    • Schedule next set of SD meetings - every 2 weeks at 2 Eastern; 5/3 is US holiday June 11 next meeting.
    • IMC - Emerging Countries issue - John discussed emerging countries issues, for example, needs governance, money, which may be available from foundations. There was some consideration of establishing an HL7 foundation in the past; could IMC drive this, is that an appropriate role? Patrick suggested working though the Organization Relations Committee (ORC) to get their opinion. They typically arrange/manage collaborative relationships. John took action item to follow up with ORC. Other countries may also have advice based on how they established their HL7 organization in their country.
    • Meeting Adjourned 8:35 pm.