Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2011 Board Liaisons, subject to change pending Board approval for 2012-2013 term.
|Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes|
|x||Patrick Lloyd||HL7 T3SD Co-Chair|
|x||Freida Hall||HL7 T3SD Co-Chair|
|Abdul Malik Shakir (Board Liaison)||Education|
|Bill Braithwaite||Electronic Services|
|x||Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison)||Electronic Services|
|Ken McCaslin||Electronic Services|
|Margie Kennedy||Process Improvement|
|Helen Stevens Love(Board Liaison)||Process Improvement|
|x||Diego Kaminker||International Mentoring|
|x||John Ritter (Board Liaison)||International Mentoring|
|x||Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison)||Project Services|
|Freida Hall||Project Services|
|Jane Curry ((Board Liaison)||Publishing|
|Jane Curry (Board Liaison)||Tooling|
|x||Dave Hamill (non voting)||HL7 PMO Office|
- Work Group Updates
- Diego reported that Mike Henderson has resigned as co-chair. Abdul Malik Shakir completed his 2011 term as Board liaison; the Board intends to select a new liaison in 2012. Melva Peters is filling in to assist Diego, and considering if she will run for co-chair position May 2012. Patrick Loyd also is interested in running for May 2012. New Education projects are: 1) revised certification program, currently seeking input from pertinent stakeholders. Certification will be based on more than test, e.g. a point system including service (co-chair), attendance at education summit, tutorials, etc. Agenda item next T3SD meeting will be to approve a scope statement. 2) Tutorial tracking project; currently discussing requirements with project scope statement pending.
- Electronic Services
- Lorraine reported ES is in transition. They are digging through the website survey, intending to complete this WGM. Their findings will impact their roadmap. They are also working with Tooling.
- International Mentoring
- John reported on their new tutorial “How to maximize the value of your HL7 Involvement”; Education and Marketing will co-sponsor.
- IMC and EHR WG are promoting East Africa “brainstorm” during the January 2012 WGM for Tuesday Q3; INC is interested in leading collaboration of interested parties.
- PIC and INC met last WGM and discussed ways to improve International Council sessions. They suggested the International Council focus on a specific topic, with presentations geared toward that topic. PHR, patient ids, DS, ePrescription, and patient identification were identified as potential topics. This could be a great way to share global information on topic, providing a recap of what’s happening around the world.
- Process Improvement
- Not present.
- Project Services
- Dave reported at the Co-Chairs dinner just prior to this session (same attendees). Ballot Reconciliation is Tuesday Q3, The project facilitators roundtable is Wednesday lunch, and the regular Project Services session is Thursday Q3. Project Services developed a presentation on Peer Review and may develop a webinar.
- V2 - Nothing to report. V3 – January 2011 was a short cycle, Work Groups were encouraged not to ballot due to the short cycle.
- Andy stated they need tool smiths as reported in the CTO report. The SPARX innovate competition deadline is extended to April. Tooling has some additional funding this year, but anticipates more demand for tools; demand may exceed supply. Tooling is participating in the SAIF AP (Jane Curry). Vocabulary is ongoing cost to the organization; hand crafting XML which might be handled by tooling. Tooling has created an Ambassador program requesting representatives from groups with tooling needs to attend Tooling meetings. Diego commented he is aware of tools created in Spain that transform the ballot to UML.
- How to improve Quorum for T3SD WG meetings
- Discussed meeting times, will keep the same timeslot (every other Monday at 4 pm Eastern). Recently we’ve been meeting quorum.
- New Business
- Diego proposed a new “healthy work group indicator” to measure if standards produced by the WG are used. Diego has been question by tutorial students who is using standards and this information is not available. Possible ways to collect information: Work Groups to survey their lists, use licensing (assumes you bought standard to implement it). Andy reported in his prior position, he was aware of who had implemented V2, V3, etc. in Canada; this was an Infoway annual report. Certified EHR systems would also give insight on implementation of standards, e.g. you could request client names who have implemented the certified EHR. DSTUs require two implementers so this is another source. If we published list of expiring standards, could we identify users indirectly? RIMBAA has tried to track who is building RIM based applications. Diego asked if this item belongs in T3SD, or should he take this question to a different group? Patrick stated the discussion is beginning to sound like a strategic item; Patrick/Freida will talk to Austin and TSC members and report back to Diego at the next teleconference.
- Motion to adjourn at 7:33 pm