T3SD Concall-20141027

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
X Melva Peters (Board Report?) Education
Ken Chen Education
Lorraine Constable Electronic Services & Tools
David Burgess Electronic Services & Tools
Nat Wong Electronic Services & Tools
Jeff Brown Electronic Services & Tools
X Andy Stechishin (Board Report) Electronic Services & Tools
Michael Van der Zel Electronic Services & Tools
Dennis Cheung Electronic Services & Tools
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Report?) International Mentoring
Liora Alschuler Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Report?) Process Improvement
Regrets Rick Haddorff (Board Report?) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Daus (Board Report?) Publishing
Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
Pete Gilbert Publishing
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager
X Russ Leftwich (guest) Learning Health Sytem Work Group

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - Approved
  3. Learning Health Systems - new Work Group see template at: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/8393/12455/LHS%20WG%20template.docx
    • (These notes from the call added 2014-12-15 by Freida Hall): Andy stated only question from proposal was why T3SD was selected as SD; Russ commented HL7 HQ suggested T3SD. New WG plans to create a domain analysis model (DAM) for Learning Health Systems (LHS) and has recruited the requested core WG membership, plus has added additional members beyond those named in the New WG Template. Melva commented establishing a DAM seems to be finite and a project vs. a work group. Also questioned why T3SD suggested, since T3SD WGs don't create standards. From Russ's description, this group would seek out other WGs to execute work, similar to FMG model; FMG is currently organized under the TSC but now that FHIR is more established is pursing forming a WG. T3SD discussed if LHS needs to interact with Education Work Group? Melva asked how LHS relates to existing Decision Support WG (which is in Structure & Semantic Design SD). Russ stated there's no doubt there is some overlap with other WGs; LHS would be focal point to tie together disparate systems. Andy felt there might need to be additional content added to the Template based on the discussion today. Melva suggested Structure & Semantic Design or Foundation and Technology as more appropriate SD. John Ritter commented there are educational components to all WGs, but they don't explicitly belong in SD with Education WG. Melva asked Russ to update the Template to respond to questions discussed today's call. Melva is Steering Division Co-Chair of Domain Groups, felt that Domain Group was more focused to specific domains like pharmacy and patient care and would not be appropriate Steering Division. Since the New Work Group template has a section to record SD "Approved" or "Rejected" we think the proposed new WG is to try to find their SD 'home' vs. the TSC assigning. Action: Andy did not want to take a vote 'rejecting' (as stated on the New Work Group template) LHS and will forward the updated template to the Co-Chairs of Foundations & Technology and Structure and Semantic Design to determine which would be the best fit.
  4. Approve Meeting Minutes -
  5. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Learning Partner proposal – pending update, then will be forward to EC. V2 Workshop is waiting on information from Patrick Loyd. Ongoing discussion of transformation, how to get others involved. Discussion as to whether Education should be a WG or an advisory group to HQ. Potential for new certification exam related to MLM/Arden Syntax; will outreach to Arden Syntax WG.
    • Electronic Services & Tools
      • Andy reported debate re: upcoming tooling budget; discussion with CTO, Executive Committee. Evaluating Tooling Strategy and ongoing projects. Looking for strategic vision of Board (ES and Tooling perspectives). New WGM room booking tool has had good 'shake-out'; it is in maintenance mode but also building in a few features arising from usage for the January 2015 meeting. Tooling liaison meeting scheduled this week.
    • International Mentoring
      • John reported IMC is attempting to meet November 7 to discuss nomination of Dr. John Gachago as 3rd IMC co-chair. He has been strong contributor on Africa project in HL7 and intends to return to Africa to live January 2015. It would be beneficial for HL7 if John could represent HL7 as IMC co-chair when he returns to Africa. Melva asked about IMC 'work load', does it warrant an additional co-chair, e.g. due to number of calls, attendees, etc. John stated he would be willing to step down as co-chair and felt that John would re-energize IMC if elected. Freida commented election would need to be as 'interim' co-chair, and then follow with HQ announcement for election at the January WGM. Andy commented it's ultimately up to IMC to add a co-chair, geographic representation might be warranted.
    • Process Improvement
      • Not represented on the call but do have a call scheduled later today.
    • Project Services
      • Updated DMP; updatee 2015 PSS, Dave will roll out to co-chair list for comment.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - Issues re: moving to more recent version of Word (vs. 2003) in future.
      • V3 - Lynn is moving forward taking over V3 publishing; notice of NIB deadline announced.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Proposed formation of FHIR WG (TSC call 2014-10-27)
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Scheduled to meet this week or next.
  6. Project Review - defer until next update (November)
  7. TSC meeting Report -
    • Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
  8. New Business -
    • (From September 29 call) WG designated Help Desk Liaison – Sandy volunteered for Process Improvement; John for Ritter for IMC. Publishing – will discuss if need two liaisons (V2 and V3) and Andy will also bring up with EST. Rick/Freida/Dave will discuss on Project Services. Update: Rick Haddorff is Project Services Liaison.
  9. Meeting Adjourned 2:55 pm