T3SD ConCall-20130408

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
Nat Wong Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Open (Board Liaison) Publishing
Jane Daus Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Andy Stechishin (Board Liaison) Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
Regrets Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - Approved.
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes - March 11 and March 25
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Not on the call.
    • Electronic Services
      • Ken announced that Lorraine Constable is taking a hiatus from ES as she was asked to co-chair the ArB. Since she is Board liaison, need to determine how to manage in ES. Other ES co-chairs have other commitments; falling to Ken. Does that mean Lorraine will need to run for vacated position if Ken serves as fill in on Board Liaison? Ken contacted John Quinn and Don Mon for guidance but no response yet. Andy reported a similar issue in Publishing. Invited someone familiar with WG, willing to serve as “figurehead” for liaison role (Jane Curry) since it is not burdensome, vs. having one appointed by the Board. This might be alternative for Tooling, e.g. Lorraine continues to serve as representative but others drafted reports. ES hopes to bring the Ballot tutorial to conclusion soon. ES is trying to kick-off at Monday’s co-chair meeting update to WG meeting room schedule with plan to pilot in September. Ken is not sure who will do the presentation at the WGM, not all co-chairs will be attending May WGM. Andy suggested Lorraine may be able to present if someone else prepares; Ken has drafted the presentation. Still having problems with Google Hangout, hoped to test at the WGM, but does not appear that will happen. Andy asked on behalf of Tooling when next ES call is; scheduled April 15.
    • International Mentoring
      • The IMC asked HL7 to send letters-of-invitation (to the HL7 WGM in May 2013) to two individuals from Kenya, Africa. The individuals were formally invited to offer a report to the IMC during its face-to-face meeting (with no funding or travel support from HL7). This approach (of leveraging the IMC’s WGM agenda) may help individuals request endorsement and/or support from their countries. John invited the T3SD members to point individuals to the IMC who might desire to attend HL7 meetings – but who need this type of additional formal support.
      • The IMC continues to wonder whether there might be a way to request unused airline miles from donor organizations that could be used for qualified individuals to travel to HL7 WGM (or for HL7 experts to travel to certain IMC-targeted realms). Mark McDougal mentioned to John that the troubles associated with the creation of a special “airline-miles-travel-bucket” by HL7 for such travel might outweigh the benefits.
    • Process Improvement
      • Not on the call.
    • Project Services
      • Rick reported Ateeb Chaudhry who is doing survey on Project Management in Volunteer Organization has completed two follow up interviews (Dave Hamill and Tony Julian.) Ateeb is writing report analyzing the results of survey. We will have his report out in couple of weeks; also plan to discuss at the WGM. PS is also working on WGM Checklist to prep for May WGM. Dr. Scott will be giving report out of Ateeb’s survey findings; Ateeb is Dr. Scott’s student.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - Brian reported Publishing is hopefully nearing readiness to publish V2.8 but having some issues with chapter editors. One no longer has support for HL7 participation, some are otherwise incommunicado. Publishing may be recruiting new/additional editors.
      • V3 - Andy reported the joint sub-group of HL7 V3 Publishing and Structured Documents (SD) had their first meeting last week; they are not sure if they need DMP, charter, etc. This sub-group will deal with CDA IG quality. The Publishing/SD sub-group has done a PSS with SD as main sponsor. Andy thinks this will be an ongoing group, vs. a Task Force that will disband. Freida suggested asking the TSC if the group needs a DMP, Mission/Charter, etc. The generic DMP already covers DMP for joint meetings; the “host” group’s DPM is used. The V3 Normative edition is on schedule for release May WGM.
      • Board liaison for Publishing – Jane Daus may be interested; Andy and Brian to coordinate to bring to conclusion for the next SD and to ensure the liaison report is prepared.
    • Tooling
      • Andy reported on the Tooling Challenge; Lynn updated stats - 13 registered plus one pending; 2 others interested but have not set up GForge account bringing total to 16. Tooling requires Board direction on some strategy items, however the Board has been asking for Strategy first; Tooling wants Board direction as input to develop strategy. John Quinn is working with Tooling to help resolve some of the “churn” caused by the board's request. Tooling is also working to identify current/immediate targets while waiting to finalize long term projects.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Brian reported the group is attempting to recruit additional connect-a-than participants for Sat & Sunday am at the May WGM. They seek recruits beyond the “usual suspects” and outside of FHIR process. Initiative will begin 4/15 to QA a static version of the FHIR website; they have 10 volunteers outside of FHIR recruited to do the QA. If interested in participating, let Lloyd McKenzie or Hugh Glover know. Also, look for more info on FHIR at the WGM.
    • Product Line Architecture (Liaison, Brian Pech)
      • Changes in ArB have slowed progress; Charlie Mead no longer the chair of PLA. Ron Parker is now the Chair; Brian will continue to monitor.
  5. Project Review
  6. TSC meeting Report -
    • Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
      • http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
      • Board approved approach to group Machine Processable artifacts by Product Family/Product Line. TSC to work with marketing. HL7 Terminology Authority Board not approved will be discussed at the WGM. DSTUs excluded from “free IP” originally but Board has reconsidered and will include. Charlie Mead resigned as ArB Chair. Ron Parker is new Chair; Lorraine Constable is Vice-Chair.
  7. New Business -
    • Board liaison report due April 26. Template: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6225/8231/201104HL7B
    • Agenda May WGM - We typically do our group updates; are there additional agenda items. John asked if T3SD feels it is getting its bang for the buck for T3SD participation. We could talk about this at F2F. Freida asked if this if this might be more of a brainstorming session re: how to be more effective, vs. giving status reports, and how could WGs might help each other. We have a real mix of Work Groups in T3SD, some are very service/”production” oriented. May want to devote the WGM time to this brainstorm since we meet regularly between WGM with good participation. Andy commented we need to reserve time for general administrative, e.g. PSS approval or other urgent update items. T3SD agreed to try the new format at the May WGM. John suggested we consider first an internal focus within the SD, e.g. how can you help me, or how can I help you; within the SD and then external to SD (how can T3SD help other SDs or WGs.)
  8. Meeting Adjourned 2:55 pm.