T3SD ConCall-20121203

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
X Patrick Loyd Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
X Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Regrets Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
Matt Wong, Interim Co-Chair Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
X Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
Regrets Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
Regrets Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Publishing
Jane Daus Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
Regrets Andy Stechishin Publishing
Regrets Sandy Stuart Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Tooling
Regrets Andy Stechishin Tooling
Michael Van der Zel Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - A couple of new business item reminders from HQ added
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
    • Motion to approve minutes November 19, 2012 call by John Ritter, seconded by Lorraine. Against-0; Abstain-0; motion carried unanimously.
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Patrick reported Education is working on a new project scope statement for Facilitator education; draft created, moving through WG for approval, then will come to SD and TSC for approval.
    • Electronic Services
      • Lorraine reported Electronic Services is continuing work on initiatives reported prior calls; recent focus on room booking process, ES is working Lynn and Lillian.
    • International Mentoring
      • No update this week. Sidebar: Patrick will send materials to John this week.
    • Process Improvement
      • Rita reported PIC is meeting Friday.
    • Project Services
      • Freida reported Project Services is working on deliverables for January 2013 and planning for WGM. Dave Hamill will be doing a rollout of 2013 edition of Project Scope Statement in December. Continue work with student project; will be conducting interviews with several HL7 representatives re: project management in volunteer organization, and also conducting survey. Sidebar: Dave reported to Patrick he is close to completing draft deliverable for Work Group meeting effectiveness metric; plans to send something to Patrick this week.
    • Publishing
      • Ballot opened today; several ballots postponed or withdrawn. Some were withdrawn because they passed the last ballot and were not required to be re-balloted.
      • V2 - Brian reported that V2.8 made it to ballot. Vote to create a sub work group in Publishing supporting CDA Implementation Guides was approved by both V2 and V3 Publishing. The new sub-WG will meet in Phoenix with Structured Docs representatives, but meeting time/quarter not scheduled yet.
      • V3 - no report, Andy out today.
    • Tooling
      • Andy out, no report from Tooling.
    • Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (FHIR) Management
      • Lorraine reported recent focus was prep for ballot. Next steps are addressing methodology and planning for the connect-a-thon. Brian reported FHIR had a call with prospective connect-a-thon participants, but may schedule additional call trying to widen outreach to potential participants.
  5. Project Review
    • PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)
      • Dave Hamill published update November 20.
      • WGs must notify HQ of updates to DMP, M&C, SWOTs, 3 Year plans
      • Not all WGS must have 3 Year Plans; should IMC be on that group? John Ritter stated they are reactive vs. proactive, e.g. driven by those countries who approach HL7 about establishing affiliate. Also collaborate with other groups (Marketing, Education) but typically are not the project owner. Dave will update PBS metrics. “Yellow” highlight: Education and Tooling have open items/past milestone dates. Patrick will review for Education and notify Tooling. Lynn will put on tooling agenda. Look at summary report tab to see which projects are behind the milestone date.
  6. TSC meeting Report -
    • Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
      • http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
      • Freida reported a topic today’s TSC call was creation of a Terminology Authority. HITSDO is driver, would offer support to other WGs so discussion of whether it should be formed as a WG and assigned to T3SD Steering Division, or continue path as Board Appointed committee as currently proposed. This is still under discussion. TSC tentatively approved formation of new WG if they agree to clarify name to Clinical Quality Information or Clinical Quality Reporting (vs. just Clinical Quality).
  7. Board Liaison Reports due January 4
  8. New Business -
      • Freida will add these reminders from HQ to the January 2013 WGM Agenda
        • Nominations for the co-chairs of Work Groups for the next cycle –Work groups must send to HQ their nominations in by two weeks following the WGM – by the time that Linda sends out the request for co-chair “statements”, it is too late to nominate
        • Report updates to DMPs, M&C, SWOTs 3 Year Plans, interim co-chairs elections or co-chair nominations to HQ.
      • Next T3SD meeting December 17.
    • Meeting Adjourned 2:27 pm.