T3SD ConCall-20120806

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
Regrets Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd (Interim) Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
X Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
X Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
X Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
X Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Publishing
Jane Daus Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Tooling
Tim Ireland Tooling
X Andy Stechishin Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - Approved
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes - July 23, 2012
    • Motion by John; seconded by Andy; Against-0, Abstain-0; Motion carried unanimously.
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • E-Learning : Beginning new English edition in 2 weeks - we have 278 registrants from several countries (mostly US, Canada and Denmark) and 25 scholarships. Brazil is translating the course materials to Portuguese and plan the Brazil´s edition in September.
      • Other (Education): Our director of education will begin work Monday (Sharon Kayne Chaplock) and we will resume all of our projects in one week - we plan to have meetings with the new Director of Education
    • Electronic Services
      • Involved in NLM tooling; still investigating. Did not follow TSC policy for new Work Group (Mobile Health) needing web space to share information to create artifacts to petition for Work Group formation, vs. waiting until they were approved to create web page. The existing policy is not working; Freida suggested ES draft a proposal to the TSC for handling new Work Groups during their formation that need web presence. (May also impact GOM section 09.02.01 Establishing a Work Group). ES will bring draft back to T3SD to review.
    • International Mentoring
      • John stated IMC has no news to report this call. Requested agenda item for September WGM to discuss how to outreach/locate volunteers.
    • Process Improvement
      • Rita reported PIC did not have quorum on the last call but are still working: Karen VanHentenryck is editing the co-chair handbook, new PIC Mission Charter approved, reviewed results WGM survey, Volunteer wiki is now available under “Find or Be a Volunteer for an HL7 Work Group”, and pending review of GOM updates. Jane asked about “communication plan” to inform others of the Volunteer wiki; Rita will take this back to PIC.
    • Project Services
    • Publishing
      • V2 - Brian reported re: V2.8; Don is working with two chapters on revisions.
      • V3 – Ballot opened last week; additional ballots open Friday or later.
    • Tooling
      • Approve project scope statement: http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6907/9557/HL7_PSS_Tooling_Challenge20120726.doc. Sparx is sponsoring the Tooling Challenge; 4K award, intended to be an annual event. This is in collaboration with OMG. PSS reviewed. Motion to approve by Jane, seconded by Diego. Against-0, Abstain-0; Motion carried unanimously.
      • MAX (Mobile Automated Exchange) received two proposals but none for development.
      • EHRS-FM review panel met, and accepted a proposal subject to Executive Committee evaluation. Anticipate announcement this week.
      • Board – expect tooling strategy direction; work with Graham Grieve. Jane is waiting for additional information.
  5. Project Review
    • PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)
      • Discussed calculations based on recent modifications Dave made, using input from the T3SD and discussion with the PBS Metrics Team. Jane moved to accept the updates; Ken seconded. Against-0, Abstain-0; Motion carried unanimously. Dave will update Helpful Hints to explain the new calculations.
  6. TSC meeting Report -
  7. New Business -
    • Meeting Adjourned 3:00 pm Eastern.