T3SD ConCall-20120723

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
Regrets Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd (Interim) Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Rita Scichilone Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
Regrets Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
X Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Publishing
Jane Daus Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
Sandy Stuart Publishing
X Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Tooling
Tim Ireland Tooling
X Andy Stechishin Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - Approved
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
    • Motion to approve by John Ritter, seconded by Melva Peters. Against-0; Abstain-0; Motion carried
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Melva reported eLearning courses completed; next classes starting in August. New Education Director has been hired.
    • Electronic Services
      • Ken stated he needed to reach out to the TSC re: the Dashboard status. Jane commented Tooling needs info on this also; this will apparently be a topic at the upcoming Board Retreat so we anticipate an update post retreat. Lynn commented Austin is trying to refocus the TSC attention to concentrate on governance issues vs. management approvals (being done by eVote). Ken will follow up with Austin following the Board retreat.
    • International Mentoring
      • John stated no report this meeting.
    • Process Improvement
      • Not on the call.
    • Project Services
      • Recap of Doodle Poll Vote: Dave reported the project scope statement to produce an interim update to the project scope statement templates was approved with affirmative vote by 5 of 7 Work Groups. The PSS will be forwarded to the TSC for approval. The next step will be T3SD approval of the revised project scope statement templates; Dave will set up a doodle poll for this. Project Services has been working on updates to their section of the Co-Chair handbook.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - V2 - Brian reported Publishing has submitting vote for T3SD chair (Andy Stechishin). Brian is very hopefully everything will be completed by ballot open for V2.8 to ballot. Don has been coordinating with V2 editors.
      • V3 - Andy reported the deadline for the preview site just passed. Ballots are scheduled to open next week.
    • Tooling
      • Jane reported Tooling is waiting on strategy output from the Board Retreat; need to know their expectations. Jane provided status update on projects: MAX (Mobile Automated Exchange) project received two proposals related to requirements/testing, but none for software development. EHR –FM profile proposal project received proposals; John Ritter will be leading review group. Health Ingenuity Exchange (HingX) project with Open Health Tools is progressing; some concerns re: what is HL7 business case to use this registry/repository for all Health IT related assets.
  5. Project Review
    • PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)
      • Dave updated recently. Projects that are on-hold are being included in the calculation. Several T3SD WGs reported they do not review/update milestones if project is “on hold”. Dave and Lynn will discuss with the PBS metrics team since they assume WGs will be updating milestones even if project is on hold. It would helpful to advise co-chairs how “on hold” projects impact scoring. Also discussed means to query/extract re: “on hold” projects from Project Insight.
  6. TSC meeting Report -
  7. New Business -
    • Lynn reported two T3SD projects are out for TSC eVote this week: Tutorial Tracking and V2 DB Upgrade.
    • Meeting Adjourned 2:45 pm.