T3SD ConCall-20120611

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: Yes
Attendee Name Affiliation
X Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
X Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
X Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
X Patrick Loyd (Interim) Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
X Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
Rita Scichilone) Process Improvement
X Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
X Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Publishing
Jane Daus Publishing
Brian Pech Publishing
X Andy Stechishin Publishing
X Sandy Stuart Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Tooling
Tim Ireland Tooling
X Andy Stechishin Tooling
X Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - approved as published.
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
    • Motion to approve May 7 minutes by Lorraine; Andy seconded. Against – 0, Abstain - 0, motion carried.
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Review Mission Charter http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6847/9420/EducationWGMissionandCharter20120515.docx - Mission/Charter was reviewed/updated at the WGM, including adding reference to International Strategic Plan. Also HL7 has hired a new Education Director recently which may impact Education. The Mission/Charter doesn’t explicitly include the Education Director as a voting member. Discussed, but will leave the Mission/Charter as is. Motion to approve by Melva; seconded by Andy; Against – 0; Abstain – 0; motion carried. Lynn will post the update, and explained the Mission/Charter does not need to be approved by the TSC.
      • Review SWOT http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6848/9421/EducWGSWOTAnalysis20120530.doc - - The SWOT mentions staff support and the new Education Director. Lynn commented that Publishing is missing a SWOT; however, Publishing is in the process of defining/approving their SWOT; this will be a future T3SD agenda topic. Patrick commented Education has discussed adding a 4th and 5th track for Meaningful Use (MU) and Unified Modeling Language (UML). MU will probably be added the next WGM and UML added in January, 2013. Motion to approve Education’s SWOT by Melva; seconded by Lorraine. Against – 0; Abstain – 0; Motion carried. Lynn commented SWOTs don’t require SD approval.
      • Melva heard from Diego the eLearning course is still in process. Some countries are nearing completion of their courses (Canada, HL7 UK). HL7 Brazil wants to translate the course to Portuguese.
    • Electronic Services
      • ES met last week with Austin to discuss the Strategic initiatives dashborrd work. Most of what they need will be .pdfs developed by staff. Lorraine needs to follow up with tooling for their requirements and hopes to chat with Andy later today.
    • International Mentoring
      • Not on the call
    • Process Improvement
    • Project Services
      • Rick reported there will be an interim release of the PSS prior to the next WGM. PS will let people know when it’s available. Project Services is reviewing our tasks, and prioritizing work.
    • Publishing
      • V2 - Sandy reported Publishing will be discussing V2.8 today; also voting on their SWOT; the meeting is 1 Pacific; 4 Eastern. Patrick would like to get an update on which chapters are outstanding prior to the TSC call Monday so SD chairs can escalate to Work Groups the delinquent chapters.
      • V3 – Andy reported they approved their SWOT, then forwarded to V2 Publishing for approval. They are working on the Normative edition, and also working on resolving some issues. The edition will be published with data types R2, Andy doesn’t have ETA yet.
    • Tooling
      • Andy reported the Tooling Challenge is “on again”, to be announced during Plenary in Baltimore. Tooling is sponsoring project at Open Heath Tools, entitled, HingX; this is a tool for an artifact repository. Publishing will be uploading information; tooling will be testing with them. Jane Curry is involved with this project in Open Health Tools. Templates is also involved. Andy will keep us posted on progress. Andy needs to meet with Electronic Services re: Vocabulary Tools and Dashboard (which Tooling had put on hold). Andy and Lorraine to talk offline.
  5. Project Review
    • PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)- Reviewed version for May WGM; Dave will create interim report in July. Some WGs have already updated their statistics so the May version is out of date. Patrick asked WGs to update their milestones if they have not already. IMC is showing “red” but needs 3 year plan (or project) to alleviate the issue.
  6. TSC meeting Report -
    • Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
      • http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
      • From today’s call, assertion that TSC recommended if WGs are not posting minutes decline room assignment for next WGM. There was some confusion between the TSC and Executive Committee; The TSC discussed using WG Health minutes as the metric, otherwise the Work Groups will need to meet with the TSC, if they are not posting minutes but still want meeting space at the WGM. The TSC is beginning to see FHIR projects; they have a separate PSS.
  7. New Business - none
    • Meeting Adjourned - 2:30 pm