T3SD ConCall-20120423

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Back to Agendas and minutes


  • 2012-2013 Board Liaisons - Congratulations new and returning Board Liaisons
Quorum Requirements (Chair +4 SD Reps for "decision making") or (Chair +3 SD Reps for "direction setting") Met: ?
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Patrick Loyd HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
See Proj Svcs Freida Hall HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
Diego Kaminker Education
X Melva Peters (Board Liaison) Education
Patrick Loyd (Interim) Education
Bill Braithwaite Electronic Services
X Lorraine Constable (Board Liaison) Electronic Services
X Ken McCaslin Electronic Services
Diego Kaminker International Mentoring
X John Ritter (Board Liaison) International Mentoring
(Open) Process Improvement
Sandy Stuart (Board Liaison) Process Improvement
Regrets Rick Haddorff (Board Liaison) Project Services
X Freida Hall Project Services
Woody Beeler Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Publishing
X Jane Daus Publishing
X Brian Pech Publishing
Andy Stechishin Publishing
Sandy Stuart Publishing
Jane Curry (Board Liaison) Tooling
Tim Ireland Tooling
X Andy Stechishin Tooling
Dave Hamill (non voting) HL7 PMO Office
X Lynn Laakso (guest) TSC Project Manager

Meeting Admin

  1. Roll Call
  2. Approve Agenda - Lynn requested to add an update on the WG Health report; Freida requested to add agenda item re: Vancouver WGM SD agenda. John Ritter had agenda item re: WGM BoF.
  3. Approve Meeting Minutes -
    • Andy sent a correction which Freida already made; the Challenge (not Challenge winner) will be announced at the WGM. Motion to approve corrected minutes from Melva; Andy seconded. Motion carried with 0 Against; 0 Abstain; 5 WGs Affirmative
  4. Work Group Updates
    • Education
      • Melva reported the International course is underway with over 260 students; Pakistan launched last week. The TSC approved the Education certification project.
    • Electronic Services
      • Review/approve updated Mission/Charter (distributed to T3SD list April 17) and posted at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/download/docmanfileversion/6747/9275/MissionandCharterESApril2012.docx
      • Lorraine reported ES updated the Mission/Charter last year, but didn’t bring to the T3SD for approval. The Mission Charter was updated to reflect ES reporting structure. The ES Decision Making Practices (DMP) with track changes needs to be updated to accept changes; however, the DMP URL link does not to be included in the Mission/Charter. Use of the term “Headquarters” may not be ideal, but no alternative suggested. Motion to accept by Lorraine; seconded by Andy. Motion carried with 0 Against; 0 Abstain; 5 WGs Affirmative. Lynn will post and update metrics for WG Health. DMPs do not have to be approved by the TSC, only the Steering Division (SD).
    • International Mentoring
      • John Ritter reported Kevin Coonan wants to have a birds of a feather BoF session at the May WGM and suggested PIC might want to be involved. Melva encouraged John to encourage Kevin to contact Mark McDougall as HQ was already working on this issue, so we didn’t have divergent efforts.
      • There was an HL7 event in the Philippines approximately two years ago, including sessions on HL7 standards and Ambassador briefings. John reported the good news, they have just submitted an application to become an HL7 affiliate.
    • Process Improvement
      • Not on the call.
    • Project Services
      • Freida reminded groups to use the new 2012 project scope statement template for new projects. Project Services is working on prep for the WGM, and updating projects and 3 year plan items.
    • Publishing
      • V2 – Jane/Brian reported they intended to meet with Austin last week but had to cancel due to conflicts.
      • V3 – Andy reported the normative edition coming up; looking for content. Be sure to have your content ready, reminder emails starting soon.
    • Tooling
      • Andy reported the liaisons meeting last week had good attendance. EHR-FM work is proceeding with a proposal for Board. They are looking at refining, and thanked John Ritter for his input on the EHR-FM Tooling document.
  5. Project Review
    • PBS Metrics at http://gforge.hl7.org/gf/project/tsc/frs/?action=FrsReleaseBrowse&frs_package_id=169 - (Updates posted March, July, November and at WGM)
      • Lynn reported there will be an update to some T3SD WGs score; participation in Harmonization was initially counted for T3SD but should not be. This update changed the scores for 4 WGs. Lynn noted Publishing is now in need of updating their SWOT (Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat); the TSC has determined SWOTs need to be updated every three Years. Patrick encouraged WGs to review their metrics and update as appropriate.
  6. TSC meeting Report -
    • Published weekly to Co-Chairs list and in eNews. Any questions?
      • http://hl7tsc.org/wiki/index.php?title=TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas
      • Patrick reported different thought leaders have differing opinions re: Detailed Clinical Models; some want to continue current efforts; some want to stop and/or refocus. The TSC will get involved. Freida reported the TSC approved project scope statement from Anatomic Pathology for a Unique Specimen Identifier Requirements; this is a unique project intending to define the identifier, and is potentially a new product.
  7. New Business -
    • WGM agenda for Vancouver drafted (on the T3SD wiki) with same agenda items as last WGM; are there any new items? Lynn commented there will be a special educational opportunity to hear from Thomas Erl (Realizing and Preserving Intrinsic Interoperability) which will extend the Co-Chairs meeting and abbreviate SD meeting know. Please let Patrick and Freida know if you have additional agenda items for the WGM.
    • Meeting Adjourned 2:25 pm.