Foundation and Technology Steering Division Workgroup Meeting
FTSD - Foundation & Technology Steering Division
- Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)
- Dale Nelson
- Paul Knapp
- Charlie McCay
- Jason Rock
- Jenni Puyenbroek
- Frank Oemig
- Dick Harding
- Infrastructure & Messaging (InM)
- Graham Grieve
- RIM-Based Application Architecture (RIMBAA)
- Modeling & Methodology (MnM)
- Ioana Singureanu
- Lloyd McKenzie
- Woody Beeler
- Mike Davis
- Bernd Blobel
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Ken Rubin
- Juha Mykkanen
- Ted Klein
- Beverly Knight
1. (05 min) Roll Call
2. (05 min) Approve Minutes Ted/Beverly 17-0-0, Approve Agenda: Jenni/Mike - 17-0-0
3.(10 min) Announcements: Strategic plans and SWOT analysis due ASAP, looking for project facilitator volunteer for the SD
4.(10 min) MnM Mission Charter Change MnM Mission Charter Change Ken/Mike unanimous Charlie/Ken: 17-0-0
5.(10 min) InM Work Group Mission Change InM Mission Charter Change- withdrawn, returned to WG
Description: InM Mission Charter Change to represent recent changes:
Java SIG realignment and reorganization, changes in scope, etc.
6. (7.5 min) Scope issues (Jason Rock)
Marketing WG initiated a project to establish a registry of CDA Implementation Guides even though ITC has an on-going registry project(s).
Steering Division is asked to raise the issue to the TSC regarding better cooperation and coordination across work groups. (Jason/Lloyd) 17-0-0
- We need to notify all co-chairs about proposed/intended projects (including Board-sponsored ones). A SD acceptance or rejection of proposed projects is expected.
- We need a better way to deal with board-sponsored vs. TSC sponsored project because they have a different approval process.
- The TSC and SDs need to know if a work group is proposing something that affects the SD it should be communicated to the co-chairs and they should be provided an opportunity to raise any concerns.
- RSS feed to automate the broadcast of change notifications to the "project scope statement" place.
- If any issues are raised across WGs in the SD, should they be raised to the SD?
- Plan documenting the acceptance and review process of the SAEAF.
- Plan documenting the organizational adoption of the SAEAF post acceptance including technical and organizational impact analysis.
- The proposed SAEAF including open issues and concerns.
7. (5 min) Core Principles Doc (Ted Klein) witdrawn
There is a question regarding reballoting "Core Principles" but Vocab is not willing to proceed with the Jan ballot due to the large number of comments. There may not be enough time to address the large number of substantive vocab comments.
8. (10 min) SAEAF Discussion (Charlie McCay)
SD to endorse the distribution of the following candidate documents not later than two weeks prior to the January WGM:
Ken Rubin/Woody Beeler 17-0-1
9.(5 min) Other Business
All the WG in the SD should reserve Q3-Q4, Wed for a discussion of the SAEAF.