FTSD - Foundation & Technology Steering Division
- Implementable Technology Specifications (ITS)
- Tony Julian
- Jenni Puyenbroek
- Infrastructure & Messaging (InM)
- Peter Hendler
- Modeling & Methodology (MnM)
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Galen Mulrooney
- Beverly Knight
Ioana Singureanu (chair)
- (5 min) Roll Call
- (5 min) Approve Minutes FTSD-ConCall-20080513 5-1-0 & Accept Agenda 6-0-0
- (10 min) Java SIG change of mission
Peter/Galen 6-0-0 RIM Based Application Architecture (RIMB AA) Work Group charter and mission approved and forwarded to the TSC
The mission of the RIM Based Application Architecture (RIMBAA) Work Group is to serve as a focus for those who are interested in using the RIM for application and database design, and to promote the development of HL7 Version 3-compliant applications.
The benefits of RIM based applications are not limited to accepting and creating ITS platform specific RIM based messages and documents. The RIM can be used as a universal model for designing both applications and databases. This has the advantage that it saves time and resources by not having to design new one-off application frameworks and databases.
The RIMBAA Working Group will:
- provide a joint forum for HL7 members who are interested in, planning to create, RIM based applications and/or databases. We will present the various approaches that have already been implemented though out the world and compare our experiences.
- create a best practices document which describes the approaches to take when one designs a new RIM based application, as well as the situation in which one or more of the layers of an application are legacy and can not be re-designed.
- create and maintain a JAVA based reference implementation which serves as both a tool in aid of the development of RIM based applications, as well as an example of an application in which the internal as well as the persistence layers are completely RIM based.
Formal relationships with other groups
- The RIMBAA Working Group will work with the Implementation & Conformance Working Group to share experiences and best practices when it comes to accepting and creating ITS platform specific RIM based messages and documents.
- The RIMBAA Working Group will work with the Tooling Working Group to share experiences and best practices in those areas where the Tooling Roadmap overlaps with the scope of RIMBAA.
- (5 min) Other business
Meeting adjourned 11:22 am EDT. --Ioana13 15:40, 27 May 2008 (UTC)