From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

T3F - Transitional Technical Task Force

Conference Call is scheduled for 1.0 hour

Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:00 PM (US Eastern Time, GMT -5)

Please consult for your local times

Telephone conference Information - HL7 Conference Service

Phone Number: 973-582-2813
Participant Passcode: 124466

Online Meeting service - GoToMeeting

for this meeting only :
GoToMeeting ID: 873-285-595


Beeler, Blobel, Buitendijk, Case, Hammond, Lorenzi, McCaslin, McCay, Parker, Walker

Prior Homework

Review/update working items as:

Accepted Agenda

  1. (05 min) Roll Call & Accepted agenda
  2. (20 min) Refine Core Challenges For T3F
    Need Success Criteria
  3. (20 min) Complete top-level representation of Six Core Architecture Features
  4. (10 min) Review, update T3F Action item list
    1. Review list of documents (McCay)


We moved architecture discussion to the beginning to accomodate Bert's time. He had concerns that the architure features and basic principles needed work and pointed everyone to the papers he has posted on this subject. He noted that quality, usability, scalability, and portability should be included. It was agreed that readability could be removed. He might draft suggestions on how to improve. Others on the call expressed an interest that we focus more time in the immediate future on operational and organizational aspects of T3F rather than architecture, that is, defining how the T3F will effectively ensure compliance with a technical architecture.

Core Challenges

We discussed the role of "arb" during the transition. It was recommended that arb continue to do what it does today but should report to the T3F.

Charlie edited the Core Challenges section on the wiki based on refinement discussions.

We discussion TD organization and the organizational charts presented. Ed suggested we take over the top boc of TD and evolve everything under it. Ed will try to find the original author of the Strategic Initiatives Org Chart diagram. It was noted that the charts we've stored on the wiki are both somewhat misleading. The one from ORC looks "messy" but really represents the full picture of the three areas - Foundations&Technology, Structure&Semantics, and Domain Expertise where most volunteer work will occur. The one from the Strategic Task Force report looks much cleaner but hides the details on these three areas. It also shows paid positions in more detail than volunteer positions which may be misleading. The difference between Product and Project Managers was not clear. Ed thinks we need a discussion on "What is the technical directorate?" Virginia agreed to try to do mock up diagram(s). We agreed that we should read the Strategic Task Force report section on the Technical Directorate and add discussion on it before next meeting.

Agenda item list (our sand box for future meetings)

Next week - carry forward Documents discussion (did not have time this week). We should time box architecture to 10 minutes and place at end of agenda.

Click for T3F Action Item List