2017-09-10 TSC WGM Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Sunday meeting for San Diego WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Palatine B

Date: 2017-09-09
Time: 5:15 PM
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Attendee Name Affiliation
Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair, HL7 Chair-elect
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Affiliate Representative
? Lorraine Constable HL7 ARB Co-Chair
Regrets Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Freida Hall Adhoc Member - GOM Expert
x Russ Hamm HL7 FTSD Co-chair
? Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 ARB Co-Chair
? Paul Knapp HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler SSD-SD Co-chair
? Wayne Kubick HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
x Ken McCaslin (Chair)
x Anne Wizauer (scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
x Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
x John Roberts HL7 DESD Co-chair
Regrets Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Sandra Stuart HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
? Pat Van Dyke HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
x Guests: Grahame Grieve, Mary Kay McDaniel, Floyd Eisenberg, Rachel Foerster
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Sunday evening Agenda Topics

  1. FHIR
    • FHIR naming issues - Calvin
  2. ArB
  3. CIMI Product Family Management Group Mission and Charter Review/Approval - Paul
  4. Co-branding of standards

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  1. FHIR
    • Grahame here to represent FHIR. Grahame will send Ken a slide for the Monday cochair dinner with FHIR updates. FMG/FGB met about ballot timelines today. Grahame met with ONC this week and are supporting infrastructure development this year. They are planning to publish regulations with our planned publication timeline, which is November/December this year, so our timeline can’t slip. Some content will go Normative. Draft for comment will be Dec/Jan; mixed ballot in April/May. Will do 4 or 5 ballots – one will be STU and the other 3 are normative packages within the FHIR ballot. Likely scopes are infrastructure, observation, and patient. If the content isn’t ready for normative we will drop it back. Can also do another ballot in August/Sep. Need to do some work in the tooling before the draft for comment to support the plan, work with the committees to make sure they understand what it means for them, and help them choose their ballot level/timing. ONC isn’t concerned about the content being normative, they really just care about the date. FMG will be telling committees that the date is not going to slip and committees should be proactive in evaluating the timeline against their material.
    • FHIR naming issues – Calvin
      • Calvin displays slides. Conceptual problem is that there are a number of standards where an artifact of an IG or profile is based on another profile of a base standard. Reviewed the current naming convention as represented in the GOM. We can currently support a sub-family name, but can’t go further than that. Should we make reference to the base, or one of the intermediaries? Calvin suggests taking some of the information out of the name and including it in the document. Grahame describes the problems with release numbers and version numbers. May need to be flexible when we’re naming items with content at multiple levels. Freida suggest having a metadata tag on the page that describes it.
        • ACTION: Anne to invite Publishing and Grahame and/or Lloyd to come to TSC to discuss at 2017-10-02 meeting
      • Calvin recommends not making a GOM change at this point and talking to Publishing about a place for a metadata table that calls out the full name.
  2. ArB
  3. CIMI Product Family Management Group Mission and Charter Review/Approval – Austin
    • Austin notes that TSC cannot approve or disapprove the formal relationships at the bottom. We can tell the board whether or not we recommend the relationships. We have an agreement with HSPC, and CIIC is a joint project between HSPC and HL7. Ken asks if we should kick it up to EC for their review before we vote on it?
      • MOTION to approve everything down to the proposed formal relationship with groups outside of HL7: Austin/Melva
      • Discussion: Melva wants to make sure that we involve the larger HL7 community in this. Ken notes that this doesn’t say anything about managing the notice to publish. Mary Kay states that the CIMI group PLA has been dealing with understand that there is angst across the HL7 community regarding CIMI and they are being sensitive to it. PLA is open to suggestions regarding who should be vetted for membership. We do need to add in information for all management groups including who is going to manage balloting, reconciliation, tooling, publishing, etc. This will need to be added to the boilerplate as well. However, we don’t want to hold this up at this point. Ken: So there will be another version in the near future.
      • ACTION: Anne to add to next week’s e-vote
  4. Co-branding of standards
    • Issue is material developed outside of HL7 coming in for balloting. Need a consistent policy for the inclusion of external content in HL7 standards documents.
    • Types of issues:
      • External specs based on but not necessarily conformant to HL7 standards seeking recognition as HL7 standards.
      • HL7 endorsement of other SDO standards, either related to or unrelated to HL7 standards, seeking recognition by HL7 as standards that are compatible, not in competition with nor viewed as alternatives to HL7 standards. Discussion over OASIS Emergency Management Standard. EC voted not to endorse but is coming back to HL7 with the goal of a joint standard.
      • Joint standards, standards or specifications that are considered standards by both HL7 and another SDO, or describe how HL7 standards and those of another SDO can be used together to achieve interoperability.
      • John asks others to send in other examples. Need to develop a consistent way to handle.
        • ACTION: Add to future agenda

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .