2016-01-13 PLA WGM Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Meeting Minutes and Agendas
Return to HL7 Product Line Architecture Program

HL7 PLA Call Minutes

Location: Plaza International Ballroom I

Date: 2016-01-13
Time: 3:30 PM Eastern
Facilitator Mary Kay/ Austin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name

Calvin Beebe
Woody Beeler
x Lorraine Constable
Bo Dagnall
Jean Duteau,
Rick Haddorff
Tony Julian
Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler,
Lynn Laakso
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Brian Pech
John Quinn
John Roberts
Andy Stechishin
no quorum definition


  • Agenda review
  • Discussion Topics:
    • V2 status
    • Discuss V2 methodology – InM coordinating with CGIT
  • notional division of products into product families and lines, to provide examples for peer review.
    • Level of granularity
    • Identify which pieces are orphaned, and the political elements to be surfaced.
    • Positioning cross-product family artifacts (standards naming)
  • BAM-lite feedback and review
    • Governance on V2.x (v2.9 substantive changes)
    • develop form to request establishing a Product Family


  • V2 publishing
    • Reach out to publishing for update to M&C
  • Discuss V2 methodology – InM coordinating with CGIT and Vocabulary
    • Reach out to InM – invite all co-chairs to call to discuss next steps for integration.
    • SGB will take over governance for 2.x
    • Does V2 publishing group stop reporting to SD and report directly to SGB? Can publishing move in pieces?
    • 1) outreach to InM; formal request/notification to SGB to tell them that they’re providing governance to 2.x (Mary Kay will send email to chairs)
    • 2) Clarify who approves standing up a product family management group and methodology group – looks as though it would be approved by SGB and then by TSC (Check with Tony)
    • 3) Obtain an inventory of the product
    • 4) Craft form for product family creation

Meeting Outcomes


© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved