2016-01-10 TSC WGM Agenda
Jump to navigation Jump to search
TSC Sunday Q3 meeting for Orlando WGM
back to TSC Minutes and Agendas
TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes
|HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes
Location: Florida Ballroom B
Time: 1:45 PM
|Facilitator: Ken McCaslin||Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer|
|x||Calvin Beebe||HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair|
|x||Woody Beeler||TSC Member Emeritus|
|?||Giorgio Cangioli||HL7 Affiliate Representative|
|x||Lorraine Constable||HL7 ARB Co-Chair|
|?||Jean Duteau||HL7 Affiliate Representative|
|?||Freida Hall||Adhoc Member - GOM Expert|
|x||Russ Hamm||HL7 FTSD Co-chair|
|?||Stan Huff||HL7 Immediate Past Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)|
|?||Chuck Jaffe||HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)|
|x||Tony Julian||HL7 ARB Co-Chair|
|x||Paul Knapp||HL7 FTSD Co-Chair|
|x||Austin Kreisler||Adhoc Member|
|x||Ken McCaslin (Chair)|
|x||Anne Wizauer (scribe, non-voting)||HL7 HQ|
|?||Melva Peters||HL7 DESD Co-Chair|
|?||John Quinn||HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)|
|x||John Roberts||HL7 DESD Co-chair|
|?||Andy Stechishin||HL7 T3SD Co-Chair|
|x||Sandra Stuart||HL7 T3SD Co-Chair|
|?||Pat Van Dyke||HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)|
|x||Mary Kay McDaniel|
|Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)|
Sunday Q3 Agenda Topics
- Future of FHIR publishing
- Related topics
- Items that are issues:
- FHIR version numbers vs. official published version numbers
- Change management on releases
- Content editing and publishing
- Understanding what “release” means for FHIR in terms of non-developer community
- Looked at hl7.org/fhir/directory.html. This table is primarily for developers. Major release is listed on main page. Ken notes there is a similar issue in CDA – representing the standard for the casual viewer vs. a more technical person. How do we give advice to product managers to encourage cohesive look and feel. Ken notes that the SGB will be evaluating these issues. Calvin notes that a variety of groups will be evaluating this – the management groups will be providing feedback.
- Lorraine: 1) we need to be able to clearly identify official Releases; 2) provide a means for implementers to find the technical artifact identifiers and have access to all previous versions of the standards; 3) reproduce when needed the appropriate official releases such as ballot versions, publication versions, dot releases.
- Lorraine notes that when FHIR publishes errata it’s actually a technical correction and the previous version is gone. Content is applied, posted for review, and then changed.
- Errata process is determined by ANSI for normatives.
- Austin notes that SGB should establish versioning rules. ARB will work with SGB.
- Ken: the term release has multiple meanings here; Woody notes the word production does as well. Need a glossary to clarify/refine terms.
- Currently balloted GAO IG references a specific version of the FHIR standard and there is confusion going on about version 1.1 vs. release 2.1. Need to be clear in upcoming IGs on how to reference.
- Mary Kay notes that we need to standardize what should be included in an IG. Lorraine navigates group to where the guidance resides on the FHIR site.
- Lorraine notes that Grahame Grieve will be formally getting a paid role as product director to FHIR. He did not yet know what his roles and responsibilities are; Lorraine explained that we will be working on that post-WGM. He will dialogue with SGB/ARB. This process will allow us to better understand how we can support him.
- Documentation of tooling – will come later in the process
- Adjourned at 2:45 PM