2016-01-10-2 TSC WGM Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Sunday meeting for Orlando WGM

back to TSC Minutes and Agendas

TSC WGM Agenda/Minutes

HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: Plaza International Ballroom K

Date: 2016-01-10
Time: 5:15 PM
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Attendee Name Affiliation
x Calvin Beebe HL7 SSD SD Co-Chair
x Woody Beeler TSC Member Emeritus
x Giorgio Cangioli HL7 Affiliate Representative
? Lorraine Constable HL7 ARB Co-Chair
? Jean Duteau HL7 Affiliate Representative
x Freida Hall Adhoc Member - GOM Expert
x Russ Hamm HL7 FTSD Co-chair
? Stan Huff HL7 Immediate Past Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
? Chuck Jaffe HL7 CEO (member ex officio w/o vote)
x Tony Julian HL7 ARB Co-Chair
? Paul Knapp HL7 FTSD Co-Chair
x Austin Kreisler Adhoc Member
x Ken McCaslin (Chair)
x Anne Wizauer(scribe, non-voting) HL7 HQ
? Melva Peters HL7 DESD Co-Chair
? John Quinn HL7 CTO (TSC member ex officio w/vote)
? John Roberts HL7 DESD Co-chair
x Andy Stechishin HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
x Sandra Stuart HL7 T3SD Co-Chair
? Pat Van Dyke HL7 Board Chair (member ex officio w/ vote)
x Mary Kay McDaniel
Quorum Requirements (Co-chair +5 with 2 SD Reps) Met: (yes/No)

Sunday Q3 Agenda Topics

  1. ARB
  2. BAM
  3. FHIR

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:

  • Ken reports that the EC was meeting about hiring Grahame Grieve as FHIR Product Director and it sounds as though their process of creating the position description will be taken from the BAM. Ken states that the process seems well formed and are working to finalize.
  • Had a Q3 meeting that went well – outlined the framework for what we think the SGB needs to do and will go forward in the way it needs to go. Agreed that we needed clarity around release vs. version and the way we use those terms. We agreed we need to create a glossary of terms, and talked about how we have a situation where we talk about what’s being balloted but what we produce as a product may have a different way of being presented.
  • ARB:
    • ARB wants to bring a question to the TSC regarding versioning and withdrawal. Current HL7 process is that if we withdraw an ANSI standard, that standard is removed from ANSI, removed from website, removed from product list. So when we withdraw CCOW, it never happened. There has been push from Boeing that withdrawn ANSI standards should be available in an archive. ARB is asking for TSC to weigh in.
    • Calvin: is there any guidance from ANSI one way or another? We need to find out if there’s any guidance from ANSI – what do they tell us we have to do? There are CCOW implementations out there, so not having any documentation anywhere may not be ideal. If ANSI doesn’t disallow us from housing obsolete standards it may be a benefit to do so. Ken suggests that perhaps people could pay a fee for it if it’s removed. Andy: we could make it members only. ACTION: Freida will ask Karen for details on ANSI requirements.
    • Woody: one circumstance is when you replace a standards after withdrawal, another is when you don’t. CCOW would be an instance where you don’t replace it. Executive committee should weigh in. It would be a disservice to just chuck it out.
    • Will revisit on Wednesday after we get some information from Karen.
  • BAM
    • Planning on making the final vote to publish phase I of the BAM tomorrow. Next step (phase II)will be modeling versioning and product withdrawal as it is part of the life cycle of a standard. Phase II will get kicked off tomorrow.
  • Adjourned at 5:45 PM Eastern

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • .