2016-01-04 TSC Call Agenda

From HL7 TSC
Jump to navigation Jump to search

TSC Agenda/Minutes

Meeting Info/Attendees

Standing Conference Calls

TSC will hold a Conference Call at 11AM Eastern time, each Monday except during scheduled face-to-face Working Group Meetings unless otherwise noted at TSC_Minutes_and_Agendas.

GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/426505829 using VOIP
For those without access to microphone/speakers:
US: +1 (224)501-3318
Canada: +1 (647)497-9379
Italy: +39 0 230 57 81 80
Access Code: 426-505-829
GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829
HL7 TSC Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
NEW GoToMeeting ID: 426-505-829

Date: 2016-01-04
Time: 11:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Ken McCaslin Note taker(s): Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 5 including 2 SD represented yes/no
Chair/CTO ArB International Affiliate Rep Ad-Hoc
x Ken McCaslin x Tony Julian . Jean Duteau x Austin Kreisler
. John Quinn Regrets Lorraine Constable . Giorgio Cangioli .
Domain Experts Foundation and Technology Structure and Semantic Design Technical and Support Services
. Melva Peters . Woody Beeler x Calvin Beebe x Freida Hall
x John Roberts x Paul Knapp x Pat van Dyke Regrets Andy Stechishin
. Russ Hamm . . Sandra Stuart (co-chair elect)
ex officio Invited Guests Observers HL7 Staff
. Pat Van Dyke (HL7 Chair) w/vote . . obs1 x Anne Wizauer
. Chuck Jaffe (CEO) vote . . . obs2 .

. . . . .



  1. Introduction of visitors (including declaration of interests)
  2. Agenda review and approval -
  3. Approve Minutes of 2015-12-21 TSC Call Agenda


  1. Approval items:
  2. Discussion topics:
    • Update from IHE representative on FHIR DSTU version issue


  1. Review action items
  2. Approval items:
  3. Discussion topics:
    • TSC co-sponsorship request for HL7 Implementation Professional Certification Project
    • Update on WGH metrics for WGs contributing to FHIR - Paul, Lorraine
    • Status update on HL7's vote on UDI material - John Quinn
    • Update on FGB discussion regarding projects being worked on without a formal project scope (FHIR Path) - Lorraine, Calvin
    • SGB review of FGB proposal on review and approval process for product family-related projects - Paul
  4. Reports: (attach written reports below from Steering Divisions et al.)
  5. Open Issues List


  • No additions to the agenda
  • Minutes accepted via general consent
  • No IHE representatives here to clarify the FHIR DSTU version issue - will postpone issue
  • Co-sponsorship request for HL7 Implementation Professional Certification Project:
    • Paul: this is an implementation focus - is it specific to FHIR? Austin: this is not specific to any one HL7 standard. This is a general focus on HL7 implementers.
    • MOTION by Austin for TSC to co-sponsor. John Roberts seconds. Discussion over specifics of program such as CEUs, fees, recertification. Will be comparable to other types of certifications. Sharon Chaplock at HQ has extensive knowledge of these types of programs and has been very helpful. Intent is to be comparably priced to other certification programs.
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • One of TSC's roles as a cosponsor will be as a communication channel to WGs. Ken suggests a regular update on the project; Austin states he can do a monthly update. Survey results are expected in late February/early March. Will examine the size of the market.
  • Update on WGH metrics and WGs contributing to FHIR:
    • Paul went to FMG and suggested some strategies; Lloyd made some alterations but there is now a process for sending the information to Anne (all listed on the FHIR tracking spreadsheet). FMG will review list before released on interim WGH report. Ken: we'll add to May WGM agenda to see how the process worked.
  • SGB review of FGB proposal:
    • Paul: SGB met two weeks ago. Agreed to take it on as a work item in Orlando. Have not concluded the review as of yet. Discussion over SGB web presence.
  • Ken mentions the TSC wiki and cleanup efforts. Working to eliminate the duplication of data that currently exists. Want to avoid having two landing places for the same message - TSC wiki will point to HL7.org.
  • FGB discussion regarding projects being worked on without formal project scope (FHIR path):
    • There was a non-quorate discussion on FGB. Lorraine and Calvin discussed with Lloyd. FMG had concerns - their feeling was that it was covered under current FHIR scope and had concerns about slowing work down with PSSs. They were advised that the PSS is a communication device, especially when work is going on across multiple WGs. Ken will mention something at the co-chair dinner regarding PSS as a mode of sharing information. FGB will discuss at next quorate meeting and should probably be discussed jointly with SGB. Paul: the discussion is does one need to do PSSs and if so, when? SGB could put together an outline and bring that to TSC for joint consideration.
  • Paul: The UDI/Structured Docs project - has that been approved? Austin's understanding is that it's an OO/UDI project. Details will be discussed at the WGM.
  • Call adjourned at 11:50 am Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • .
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.